Success after IF

7 month milestones?

DD has been trying to pull into a sitting position for 2-3 months but still isn't there. She sits pretty well with support or when holding onto the sides of her tub but topples over easily without support (even when she tripods, she falls over and can't hold the position long). Rollingback to front is easy now but she's not skilled at rolling front to back (did it once or twice). Nowhere near crawling yet but she likes to stand on our laps with support. As for eating, she does great with purees and yogurt (10-12 oz per day usually, but some days she isn't into the food). We tried some broken up puffs and she can gum them down. Is this all normal or should she be sitting like a pro and crawling by now?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 7 month milestones?

• sounds pretty normal!!  DS is sitting great, but isn't really into solids like your sweet little girl...he's also standing at furniture, but can't get there by himself..and has no interest in crawling, or rolling to get somewhere. 
  • D crawled before he rolled. He hated rolling, he did it a few times, but wanted nothing to do with it.

Every baby is different, DS hated solids and didn't get the hang of it until after a year. He sat up by himself at about 6 months, and scooted, not crawled until about 8 months. Some babies just go right to walking without crawling! 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter didn't eat or crawl until she was 9 months.  Totally normal - your DD is doing great!
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks. I just feel like she would be happier and could play better with her toys on the mat or in the playpen if she could sit. She seems so tired just lying on her back and wants us to carry her around all the time....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS just crawled this week. Sounds like your LO is right on track!
  • My kids started sitting unassisted around 7.5-8 months.  My daughter got into a sitting position on her own around 10 months, crawling at 10.5, my son didn't do either until 11-11.5 months.  My daughter is just now pulling up to stand and cruising on furniture.  My son pulls up to his knees and has stood twice but that's it.  My kids are a little later but still well within WHO's guidelines.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"