Multiples

Lurker here.

I have a friend in the hospital with PTL having triplets.  She is 24.5 weeks.  She's on the other side of the country so personal delivery is not an option.  I was going to send her flowers, but that seems generic.  Is there something else I could have delivered to her?  She has been in the hospital since middle of last week for hospital bedrest and went into PTL this morning.  I haven't gotten an update from her since this morning but I'm not sure if it's due to emotions or if they weren't able to stop labor.  Best case scenario she'll be on bedrest in the hospital for a while.  Worst case, she'll lose all 3 (praying not) or have 1, 2, or 3 babies in the NICU for a while.  Any ideas.  If any of you were in similar situations, is there something you would have really wanted or should I just go with flowers?

Thanks! 

Photobucket
married bio

Expecting #2.  Nov. 2014

Re: Lurker here.

• When I was in the hospital on bedreat I got lots of flower delivered.  They were nice!  But I also got an edible arragement delivered...I love that!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • One of my best friends back in MI sent me a care package with crossword puzzles, word searches, gossip mags, The Goonies and Office Space (I had my laptop so I could watch DVDs), and Swedish Fish.  It was literally the best mood lifter. 

I think she sent it to my house and Cary brought it for me that night.

• Loading the player...
  • ugh - that is JUST on the cusp of viability - not a good situation if she delivers now.

i would wait for an update - you could be dealing with two totally different scenerios.... prayers for her.

• imageGoldie_Locks_5:

ugh - that is JUST on the cusp of viability - not a good situation if she delivers now.

i would wait for an update - you could be dealing with two totally different scenerios.... prayers for her.

I totally agree with Goldie. I'd suggest you wait it out, maybe a couple days before you decide. Many T&Ps for your friend!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Prayers that she is able to keep them cookin' for weeks to come.

I'd for sure wait for an update before sending anything. If she is on BR for awhile, I bet she'd love a care pkg of the comfort/relaxation things she loves...maybe some Bath and Body works lotion and hand sanitizer, her favorite snacks, a copy of People and US Weekly, an encouraging quote or frame, etc....

When I delivered, I was thankful (as were all the nurses who stopped in and out of my room!) for the Edible Arrangement my sister sent. Cookiesbydesign.com has cute cookie bouquets you could send, too.

Hoping for the best for her!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I think I am going to wait at least until I hear whether they were able to stop her labor or what the outcome was.  If she's back on bedrest, a care package she will get.  I like the idea of the edible arrangement and/or cookies.  She was complaining about hospital food yesterday (before things went downhill).  I'm praying for her and her babies.  Every day counts at this point, I know.

Photobucket
    married bio

Expecting #2.  Nov. 2014
  • I would go with the Edible Arrangements.  I love fruit and always wanted one, but never wanted to spend the money.
  • imageanyalee:
    When I was in the hospital on bedreat I got lots of flower delivered.  They were nice!  But I also got an edible arragement delivered...I love that!!

I got an edible arrangement too and LOVED it.  Strawberries and pineapple it was perfect.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"