Babies: 6 - 9 Months

what kind of new toys/things are you getting LO now?

I feel like we need to get LO some developmental stuff but not really sure what to get. so far his interest is in grabbing our remote control and typing on computer. lol any ideas?

Re: what kind of new toys/things are you getting LO now?

• Mostly blocks, books, a doll, stacking cups...DH bought her an 18-key baby piano a couple of weeks ago and she LOVES it.

She also loves playing with a wooden spoon or "helping" me fold laundry - anything (safe) is educational for babies at this age!

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We've started looking into activity cubes since LO has now mastered sitting up...he still favors: diaper boxes, remote controls, and glasses.
  • Loading the player...
  • We got DD the stackable rings and a couple of interactive Vtech toys that encourage crawling shapes and letters turning pages...Also we have a leapfrog table if that helps:)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DS has more toys than I can count: sitty up toys, lying down toys, playmats, blocks, farm animals, rattles, squishy toys, squeaky toys, ride-on toys, put the shape in the hole toys...

We have 4 boxes of toys in our garage we haven't even introduced to him yet.

However, he favors remote controls, my iPhone and the tv guide.

Go figure. Tongue Tied

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our biggest thrill now that LO likes to stand is this activity table:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3109734&CAWELAID=221747989

DS has already pulled a button off of my laptop (did it as I was online looking up symptoms of mastitis of course) so DH bought him this:  

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/186-2928610-2765000?asin=B001JQLJN6&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B001JQLJN6&CPNG=toys&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B001JQLJN6&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

DS is not a huge fan of it.  Grrr.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS also loves the remote and to type on the computer. He's began pulling himself up, so he's practicing that mostly. I use some small ziplock containers as blocks for him to chew/knock over, and I put cereal and other things inside it for him to shake.  Not very much help, but he seems to love anything we use- remote, phone, computer, books/magazines.
  • imageBeckyG.:
    DS also loves the remote and to type on the computer. He's began pulling himself up, so he's practicing that mostly. I use some small ziplock containers as blocks for him to chew/knock over, and I put cereal and other things inside it for him to shake.  Not very much help, but he seems to love anything we use- remote, phone, computer, books/magazines.

This is a great idea.  I will try this out.  I've been trying to find things around the house to use as "toys" so I don't have to buy anything. 

The one toy that was given to us that DS loves is a LeapStart Learning Gym.  He sits in front of it and plays with the activities.  This can occupy him for at least a 1/2 hour.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"