May 2011 Moms

Anyone else getting skin tags during pregnacy?

I seem to be getting a few and one of them is on my breast.  It's small, but creaps me out.  I saw online that it looks like it's totally normal during pregnancy, but will be bringing it up to my dr next week. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Anyone else getting skin tags during pregnacy?

• i am...i have some on my neck. one on my breast. i believe that it is more common in ethnic women or atleast that is what the dermatologist had told me prior to being pregnant. I have gotten a lot more since being pregnant. boo 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh. Yes and I hate it. I don't have a lot, just one or two under my arms and one on my boob. Oh, and this morning I found one on my inner thigh- wtf?!?! I know this is gross, and probably not the best idea, but if I can I just yank them off. Ick!
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I get them on my boobs all the time now. Very gross. But they're easy to remover, even by yourself and it's not painful at all.
  • I had one under my arm pit pre-pregnancy and now I have another. I'm just hoping they don't start popping up in other places.

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • I had gotten them with DS, but they went away after I had him. I got one on my neck now.
    Marley Soledad
    4/20/2011
    Photobucket
    Esma: I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea. Then Ill put that flea in a box. And put that box inside another box. Mail that box to myself. And when it arrives. ILL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER. Its brilliant, brilliant, brilliant I tell you. Genius I say.
    Or to save on postage. Ill poison him with this.
  • Not skin tags but I've had some new beauty marks/moles pop up and they itch horribly while they are appearing - I have a derm appointment this month just to get them checked out.

• How do you gals remove it?  Will it come back?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • i have a few too...usually around my chest. i was beginning to worry and am glad to know it's a pregnancy norm
  • ugh, that is one of the things I hate most.  I have tons on my neck and one on my arm pit that my bra rubs on.  They're disgusting.
  • Yep. I had them pre-pregnancy (a couple under my arm and a teeny one on my stomach under my right breast and a few on my neck) and I've always hated them. The one on my stomach started growing really fast, so I had my midwife remove it for me. She tied suturing (sp?) material around it (I think thread would also work perfectly) and put a band-aid on it. After a couple of days, it fell off.

I hate them, and after LO comes, I'm going to have all of the ones from my neck removed. The other ones aren't as bad because they're not visible, I guess.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • I've had 2 under one of my arms, closer to my boobs- I just took my fingernails and pinched them off {it didn't hurt}.
  • Yes, a few on my chest and under my breasts.  I had one under my arm that I accidentally nicked off with the razor.  It didn't hurt but it did bleed a bit, but stopped with a bandaid with no harm done.
  • I do, unfortunately its in my bikini area.  My OB said he'd remove it during delivery.  If not then, he'll do it after the baby is here.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i had one on the side of my boob. it just fell off one day. it was sort of weird actually. i still have a few on my neck though.
  • I've had a couple, but I didn't associate them with the pregnancy.  What a random symptom!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I have one on my inner thigh.. unfortunately I cannot see to remove it. I have had them before and they are easy to remove yourself. I use a piece of ice to kind of numb it and then some sterilized finger nail clippers and off they come. Doesn't hurt but, they will bleed a little (depending on how big).
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I too have one, right on my bikini line, I cannot see to shave so I was just feeling my way through the job and felt it.  No trimming up for me from now on until that this goes.  I am going to ask my OB to get rid of that during delivery too. 
  • imageDonnaMartinGraduates:
    Ugh. Yes and I hate it. I don't have a lot, just one or two under my arms and one on my boob. Oh, and this morning I found one on my inner thigh- wtf?!?! I know this is gross, and probably not the best idea, but if I can I just yank them off. Ick!

I've noticed that I get them more now.  And good or not, I do the same thing. 

• Yes, I have a couple on my neck.  They are very tiny and are not noticeable to anyone but me... but I hate them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"