March 2011 Moms
Options

Massage the day before induction?

Just found out I'm getting induced on Wed due to my high BP. I've been having TERRIBLE back and neck pain-it keeps locking up and having spasms. I've had a herniated disk/Sciatica earlier this pregnancy, so I know that it's the way he's laying that is causing this. Doc rec'd me get a massage. I'm scared to get one b/c I don't want to be hurt, but at the same time it does seem like a good idea. Not sure if I'd be able to relax though, I'm a nervous wreck right now. WWYD? Better to get one tomorrow or wait until after baby comes? (I have a gift card to get one). Not even sure she has any openings.   
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Re: Massage the day before induction?

• Options
    I would say you know your body better than anyone else and you know when you'll be the most relaxed. If it were me I would get one before and tell the masseuse your being induced and they can work on the pressure points that jump start labor-it might make your induction go a little smoother. But like I said if you don't think you will be able to relax then wait, don't waste a perfectly good massage certificate! GL!
  • Options
    When I went for a prenatal massage a couple weeks back,  I had to sign something saying that I didn't have a whole list of pregnancy complications including high blood pressure.  I'm sure its fine if your dr is recommending it, but the therapist might not be comfortable with it and want some type of note from your dr.  Might be easier to wait until after baby is here if you can tough it out a couple days
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get one!  HEAVEN!  I am hoping I can fit in one more before little one comes!  Especially if you have a place around that does prenatal as a specialty.  I went to a place called Becoming Mom and about died... so nice.  You can tell them to massage lightly or to leave an area alone (at least at Becoming Mom they were very open to it).
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I really enjoyed mine.  I'd say go for it if you can.  I had to sign something saying I didn't have a list of complications as well.  If I'd had any of them, I would have just needed a note from the doctor.  Good luck on the induction.  I was induced Monday night.  I started at 1-2 centimeters and about 12 hours later had my baby girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"