1st Trimester

Anybody else around 8 weeks and still hungry nonstop?

This is definitely different from my pregnancy with DS.  It's so frustrating too.  I have already gained a few pounds b/c I seriously can not stop eating.  And as the day goes on, the emptier I feel.  Example: about an hour before bed last night I had a bowl of raisin bran.  Right before bed, I had a banana.  Went to bed at 10:00 nauseous.  Woke at 11:45 feeling like I was empty and going to throw up if I didn't eat.  Had several crackers, but still didn't feel great. Managed to go to sleep until 7am then needed food, of course. This says nothing of all I have eaten all day. But I just feel like this appetite is out of control.  And it isn't like I can just not eat...I get to the point of feeling like I am going to get sick if I don't eat THAT VERY MINUTE.  I go to the Dr. today and am going to talk with her about it, but I am wondering if anyone else has found themselves in this position.  I am afraid to exercise b/c that makes me even more hungry! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anybody else around 8 weeks and still hungry nonstop?

• Me. I eat little snacks throughout the day rather than a bigger meal three times a day.
  • Yes, on certain days.  On Saturday I had 3 breakfasts!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • me. all day, all night. i'm worn out and can't wait for it to let up!!!

i eat every 2 hours all day and night. i sleep hard for about 2 hours, then i'm up, peeing, and eating, every 2 hours, and not really sleeping much past that :( the insomnia is killing me! hoping for a break from that once the 2nd trimester rolls around. i can't wait :)

• for the past 2 weeks i have been hungry non stop, i snack every hour weather its a small box of raisins, a handful of nuts or a yogurt, i hardly ate a thing with my 2 boys so it very weird.
  • Yup, it's a food versus nausea battle over here, and food is winning but at the expense of my formerly normal sized figure.
  • Yeah, I eat 3 meals a day plus it seems like I am hungry every hour there after!! If I don't eat then I am not feeling well....What is really on my mind is my job! I am an apprentice electrician....I work hard, long days, but I don't want to lose my job because I can't keep up, or because I don't feel well. I guess Time will tell!!
  • I am 9weeks and 6 days and I eat every 2-3 hours. If I don't I feel like I'm going to throw up. So I keep snacks with me at all times granola bars, fruit, or small bags of veggies. Eat as often as possible just make sure it's relatively healthy.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Its not just you! I'm 7w 2d and I find myself being hungry within an hour of eating! I've been feeling like this for about 2 weeks, I've started snacking more often. I've got apples, yogurt, trail mix, and cottage cheese just to name a few. I'm still hungry too :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am always hungry but nothing sound good at all.  Last time food was awesome and i could eat anything.  this time just the thought of eating makes me nauseous, but if i don't eat then i am nauseous.  
  • YES!  DH and I went to lunch at Chipotle - so a filling, healthy lunch.  Not 1/2 hour later and I was hungry again.  Ugghh.  I am so tired of eating because NOTHING sounds good (but not tired enough to the point of not because I don't want to get sick). 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Glad you posted this. I feel like this pg is really starting to be different from my last one. I can remember feeling ravenous in the very beginning of my last pg but I feel like this pg, I'm having to snack to ward off queasies a lot and/or I'm simply really hungry. And I was pg with twins last time, so what the heck's going on?!?Embarrassed

Try not to feel bad though. I have faith that my eating will balance out over time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Starving. Whoever said you should only have an extra 300 calories a day during pregnancy should try it sometime.  It doesn't matter what I've eaten, I'm starving within 30 minutes to an hour afterward.  

I would definitely recommend continuing to exercise though!  I understand where you're coming from, but it's healthy for you and baby!!  I'm headed to the library to get some new workout videos for some baby-workout inspiration. :) 

• I eat like a HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was never like this with my DD... I ate normally and didnt gain a load till the end (at that point I was having cereal before bed, cereal in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning lol).....

This time is totally different.. I cant even go two hours between eating something and usually I am still starving.. I have already gained 5 lbs... I am afraid what it will be when I go to the doc in a week and a half... when I saw him at 6 weeks he commented on how much weight I had lost (14 lbs since the last time I had seen him)... UGH ... I am thrilled to be pregnant and complete our family but this eating and weight gain is so depressing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
  • I could have written your post. I am 100% feeling the same. I eat a meal and start thinking about what I can eat next. I eat fruit and snacks all day long and still fell STARVED. I was so hungry the other day on my way home from work by the time I got home I could almost cry.

I really don't want to gain 80 pounds this pregnancy!

• I'm in the exact same boat.  About 8 weeks, hungry all the time, and it's not slowing down.  I also get that hungry feeling like I'll throw up if I don't eat.  Of course then I eat, and I feel nauseous.  I haven't actually gotten sick yet (thank gosh), but it's a roller coaster.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP 02/04/2011;EDD 10/14/2011;Induced due to pre-e 09/07/2011;Jack born 09/08/2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"