1st Trimester

Water making you sick?

I know I need to be drinking a lot of water but everytime I take a sip it makes me want to throw up!! I know it is weird, but I just can't do it! Is this happening to anyone else? I've never liked the flavor packets you add to water and even juice disgusts me now! I've been drinking Ginger-Ale but not sure how much longer I can handle it. Ick! Any suggestions?!? TIA!

Re: Water making you sick?

• I went through a phase where the thought of drinking water made me sick!  I actually found that drinking it through a straw helped.  I have no idea why but it worked!
  • I can't drink water most of the time but do have peppermint tea a lot the warm tea seems to help. any liquid that you can drink is good. hope you feel better.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Our son died at 16weeks 6days on September 22, 2010 The greatest thing you?ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was pg I found out that purified water was making me really sick, and once I switched to bottled spring water that did not make me sick at all! HTH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Water made me so sick in my last pregnancy. It was hard to stay hydrated and I was vomiting constantly. The only thing I could drink without getting nauseous was a (sugar-free) passion fruit iced tea from Starbucks. I think maybe it was because it was a little tart and sour things tend to be more easily kept down. Maybe swing by a Starbucks and see if that helps you. If it does, go out and buy some! ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Like the previous post said, try drinking through a straw and use a lot of ice in the water.  Add lemon to it as well.  I get by drinking Lipton Half and Half Iced Tea once a day.  50 calories per 8 ounces and only 13mg caffeine.  The sugar helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister drank G2 pretty much her entire pregnancy. It's a lot lower in sugar than regular Gatorade. Maybe that will help?

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • I've been the same exact way. I try to sip water slowly during the day but I get m/s really bad at night. Last night I knew if was going to get sick so I didn't want to put anything else in my stomach... but I was SO thirsty and all I wanted was water. I gave in and had a glass of water and right away threw it up. Atleast I knew what was going to happen, right? Haha... hopefully these fun symptoms will diminish soon!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vitamin Water?
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Me too!  That whole 64 ounces a day thing is so hard to do.  The flavor packets are working for me, but they still make me feel ill.  My morning goes something like this: sip of water, cracker, sip of water, cracker, etc. etc.
  • I had this with my first pregnancy & became seriously dehydrated.  I started medication & my OB said drink what ever I need to stay hydrated.

What worked varied from day to day - drinking thicker drinks (slurpees, milk - chocolate, strawberry & regular) homemade milkshakes, tart drinks (lemonade), the straw trick was short lived, and if all else failed loading up on carbs & drinking on a very full stomach.

If it gets too bad, don't be afraid to ask for medication - its much better than ending up on an IV.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • To be honest, I'm not digging the water right now...it tastes kind of metallic to me. Which stinks because I'm a big water drinker and don't often drink flavored bevs.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • I've been drinking a lime flavored carbonated water.  It tastes kinda like sprite without the sugar or calories.  It's helped me so far.  Good luck finding  a liquid that works for ya!
  • I've been drinking extremely diluted juice, regular juice seems to thick and gross but water is not working either. So, I drink ice water with a shot of juice in it.

When I can't stand that I have been drinking a chocolate milk/skim milk combo. I use about 1/4 glass chocolate milk and dilute it with 3/4 glass of skim milk. 

• Thank you for the wonderful tips ladies!! I will be trying them all out one by one Big Smile
  • try adding cucumber  and lemon I know sounds weird but its actually really good and easy to keep down. its the only way im living being forced to drink so much water
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"