Parenting after a Loss
Options

5 red bumps on stomach and a 101.6 fever

Any ideas what this could be? I'm gonna call the pedi, bc it's freaking me out. The bumps were there yest, but she now has a fever. Aside from that is fine though, but I'm nervous.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 5 red bumps on stomach and a 101.6 fever

• Options
    Eek. chicken pox.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    chicken pox?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagenicobean1:
    Eek. chicken pox.

Yep. What do the bumps look like? Generally the chicken pox start out as flat red spots, then progress to blisters, then scab over.

• Options

waiting for the on-call nurse to call back. Her underarm temp is 101.6 still, rectal is 100.1 No further bumps then the 5 that are on her trunk.

• Options
    imageLC0479:

waiting for the on-call nurse to call back. Her underarm temp is 101.6 still, rectal is 100.1 No further bumps then the 5 that are on her trunk.

They look pretty similar to what A had. Here's a link to my blog about it with pictures of her spots.

How long have the spots been there? 

• Options
    imageLC0479:

I'm betting chickenpox!  

<--- NOT A DOCTOR

• Options
    imagemamaholic:
    imageLC0479:

They look pretty similar to what A had. Here's a link to my blog about it with pictures of her spots.

Since yesterday, but just fever within last hour or so

• Options
    imageLC0479:
    imagemamaholic:
    imageLC0479:

That's what it sounds like to me, but that's just based on my experience with it. I hope the nurse calls you back soon. If they are bothering LO you could try an oatmeal bath. It helped A since she didn't know how to itch. Although, I'll warn you -- it's a little gross to clean up. Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagemamaholic:
    imageLC0479:
    imagemamaholic:
    imageLC0479:

That's what it sounds like to me, but that's just based on my experience with it. I hope the nurse calls you back soon. If they are bothering LO you could try an oatmeal bath. It helped A since she didn't know how to itch. Although, I'll warn you -- it's a little gross to clean up. Stick out tongue

Thanks for all your help. So hers spread by the same night? I haven't seen anymore so I'm confused. Stillllll waiting on the nurse!

• Options

<-- Not a doctor.

Looks like chicken pox to me too.

• Options
    imageLC0479:
    imagemamaholic:
    imageLC0479:
    imagemamaholic:
    imageLC0479:

Thanks for all your help. So hers spread by the same night? I haven't seen anymore so I'm confused. Stillllll waiting on the nurse!

They come in "batches" so I noticed the first "batch" on Friday night and then next "batch" the next morning. 

• Options

the nurse=not so helpful. I'm bringing her in at noon tomorrow. ugh!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"