Stay at Home Moms
Options

If you have housecleaners - when do they come - are you home?

DH and I have decided to hire a housecleaning service to come twice a month.  I know several ladies here use a service as well, just wondering how you decided what day of the week to have them come.  Did it matter to you?  AM or PM?  Are you home when they come, and if so, is it hard to stay out of the way with little ones?  Thanks for any input!

Re: If you have housecleaners - when do they come - are you home?

• Options
    Ours only come 1x/month.  Usually I am here.  I try to have them come in the morning because it takes then 3-4 hours and if they start in the afternoon, it'll run into dinner time.  If I can leave for part of the time with the kids, I do it so I'm not in their hair and vice versa.  Usually I tell them to start upstairs and we'll hang out downstairs and then switch.  They are used to working around us, but I try to minimize disruption for them so they can get the work done and get out.  Easier for everyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    8am. I get OUT of the house. It's such a pain when they are trying to clean and you have to shuffle all over the house..........
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Once a month, usually mid-morning.  My husband is home because he works from home, but DS and I get out of the house.  We live in tight quarters so I can't imagine being around when they are trying to clean.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They come in the AM so they're out of the house by the time I need to feed DS lunch and put him down for his nap.  I usually try to get out of the house for at least part of the time they're here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ours come every other Tuesday.  It's a team of two and they are only here for about 90 minutes.  I told them that we will most likely be here everytime they come but so far, I haven't stuck to that.  They're very nice and we could just shuffle around the house but everytime it's cleaning day, I think up an excuse to just get out of here.  So much easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have them come once a month on a day that the kids are at preschool. I don't have to keep the kids out of the way and I can hang out in our office while they clean (I don't have them clean the office). There are usually 4 or 5 of them here and they are done in an hour. I like being at home when they are here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have a service come every other week. I like to keep out of their way so I always take the kids out when they come.

DS1 9/08, DS2 6/10
  • Options

Our cleaning lady comes twice a month.  I actually do not like the timing of her visits at all.  She used to come around 8:00am, but it was just too stressful to get the upstairs picked up and the kids fed and dressed and out of her way in time.  So, she started coming around 1:00.  That is nap time.  I have her clean the upstairs first, then put the kids down for a late nap once she is downstairs.  But then I have to hang out in my bedroom or the office to stay out of her way and the kids' way.  If the kids don't take naps or take short naps (which happens often), we'll usually leave the house to go somewhere if she is still here.  

I wish she could come at 10:00am, when we are usually out and about, but it doesn't work with her schedule.  It's a pain, but totally worth the clean house that we get by the end of the day!  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"