Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Feeling really guilty...

I posted earlier today about my daughter being sick off and on since January. Today, she ended up staying home with DH, because she was pretty upset/fussy this morning and she was running a low grade fever and since he was home for the day anyway, I figured better safe than sorry.

Well, I just talked to DH and he said she's been acting normal all day. That's a good thing, but I now feel really guilty... and this is why:

My parents were visiting yesterday and my mom was playing with DD in her bedroom, while I showered and got ready for a baby shower that I was hosting. Well, I turned of the monitor, because I wanted to be able to relax and enjoy a bit of quiet time, before the shower and I forgot to turn it back on! So, this morning, when I finally woke up to DD crying at 4 AM, I am not sure how long she'd been crying. DH put her back to bed when after I left this morning and she slept till 10:30!!

I feel really guilty because I'm afraid that maybe she was crying and upset for a long time before I finally heard her, without the monitor. I just don't know how to make that up to her...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Feeling really guilty...

• Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it really, I bet you she doesn't even remember.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Options
    It was a total accident, don't be so hard on yourself. We've all done something like that by mistake. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have actually done that a couple of times accidentally and I felt horrible too! I turned off the monitor a few times in my sleep! I moved the monitor farther away from my reach from bed and it still happened the other day! I was so mad at myself! But, the only thing that made me feel better was knowing that she probably wouldn't remember this happening. I feel so guilty too, but there are so many WORSE things a bad mom would do...and we are not bad Moms! It's tough being a Mom, so there are bound to be some mistakes and problems along the way, right! Don't be hard on yourself and I will try not to as well!
  • Options
    Oh hun, I know EXACLTY how you feel!  This same thing happened to me one night and I felt the same way.  Horrible.  I started crying after I realized that I forgot to turn the monitor on.  When I went in to check on DD she was at the end of her crib asleep...but in a position where I knew she had been crying, but finally had given up and had fallen back to sleep.  But, like others said everyone has done something like this by mistake, so don't beat yourself up.  Now I am SUPER OCD about checking to make sure the monitor is on.  Feel better! 
  • Options
    she has forgotten! i would just make sure that i was careful not to do that again...which i'm sure you won't. you just have to let it go and move forward.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I have totally been there.  I doubt that she had been crying long, you probably have the "momma sixth sense" and probably heard her at her first hollers.
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We've all done things like this and felt guilty about it. She is still happy and healthy. Don't beat yourself up about it too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"