LGBT Parenting

Acupuncture?

Have any of you had acupuncture for fertility? I'm going in on Thursday for a treatment before our insemination on Friday or Saturday.
Anniversary

Re: Acupuncture?

• I love it.  It has brought my previously out-of-whack hormones into check, eliminated my migraines, and even eliminated the red bumps on the back of my arms.  It is the happy discovery amongst the disappointments and frustrations of ttc.

My migraines were almost weekly, so the improvement in my quality of life is a great gift.

It isn't about how zen-ny you feel when you get off the table.  (If you do, that is a bonus.)  It works to balance circulation and energy that can be 'off' without you knowing it or feeling a difference.  

• Awesome! I can't wait to try it! I have those red bumps on my arms too...I hope they go away like yours did! I'll let you know how it goes. :)
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been going to acupuncture for about 2 months know.  It has also really helped balance my hormones, in particular I notice that my Luteal Phase temps stay nice and high.  I've read in many books that you should do acupuncture consistently for 3 months in order to see the best results. I go to a community acupuncture place which is awesome and I highly recommend it, they have a nationwide network that you can check out(https://www.communityacupuncturenetwork.org/), the cost is $15-$35 sliding scale and makes it possible for me to do weekly treatments without feeling guilty (I consider this my trade-off for quiting coffee and alcohol). Good luck! We just inseminated for the second time and hoping for a BFP!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for that website! I'm going to check it out right now! We're doing our 2nd insem this weekend!
    Anniversary
  • I did it for my last 3 cycles. I don't know if it made a difference - but it was so relaxing - and it takes a lot to get me to relax!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I just started - will be taking IVF egg donation from wifey. They made some dietary recommendations. They also performed an abdominal massage (sounds weird, felt weird but all above board). This increases blood flow to the uterus and ensures it is sitting in the proper position. The acupuncture and massage were relaxing - we'll see if it helps!

The dietary guidelines are minimal but I do feel different since adjusting the foods I eat.

Just relax and enjoy!

• Good luck! I'm curious to know what you think...and as a side note, I appreciate you sharing your TTC updates, its nice to hear from other Lesbians TTC :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"