High-Risk Pregnancy

hospital bedrest for the next 86 days

or until baby decides to show.  any suggestions for getting my 5 year old son through this?  or suggestions for things to make it easier for me?

Re: hospital bedrest for the next 86 days

• Oh girl, I hear ya! I'm also on hospital bedrest until our babies come (hopefully at least 70 more days!). I went in for a normal appointment & never left (no cervical length & dialated to a 1 without any warning). I have an 18 month old & that's been the hardest part of all of this. It's so hard being mommy & keeping calm while laying in a hospital bed. I don't know how far you are from home or how often you see your son, but we've set up GoogleTalk so we can communicate when they aren't able to be here. He thinks it's fun too. It's near to impossible to keep our son in the hospital room for any length of time just due to his age, so we are keeping new toys up here for him so that he is excited to come up & see me:) 

Good luck & remember this is just for a short time & will all be worth it when your baby gets here safely. Try to cherish the quiet time too! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have any real advice but want to wish you the best!!!  (((HUGS)))
  • Loading the player...
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • I hear you there!  I hope you make the whole time.  I am in the hospital and use a webcam to do video conference calls and such.  If you are at home and still need to get baby items, incorporating him into the decision making is great, as well as cuddle time.  My seven year old son loves to help pick things out for his baby sister and to cuddle with me on weekends.  You could also try having him bring you some books to read with him too.
  • No advice, just wishing you and your family the best.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Much luck to you. You are in the best place, although probably not the most comfortable being away from home, but at least they can keep a close watch on you! Hang in there :)
  • I had hospital strict bed rest and understand how boring it can be. You poor thing, hang in there.

1) Make friends with the nurses, they have great L&D stories. Just make sure they share only the uplifting ones.

2) Start a game of checkers with the nurses, they'll love visiting to play a fast game or make a couple moves before they have to go see another patient.

3) I had to cancel my baby shower because I'm on bed rest but that doesn't mean the party can't come to you! Have a friend throw you a Virtual Baby Shower. My sister did this for me.

If you want to know how to make a baby shower site of your own, feel free to email me. Check out my link www.sussmanbabyshower.com

4) When you start getting gifts, write thank you notes. I know its hard writing while laying down, do the best you can.

5) Get a subscription to Netflix and watch LOTS of movies. Flipping through TV all day is really depressing.

6) Let the nurses know your favorite shows and see if you have some in common. They'll steal a few mins to watch it with you. That way you can talk about the shows and not always the serious topic of PTL.

7) Make sure to have a routine that freshens you up in the morning, brushing teeth, super fast shower, clean clothes. Change into PJS at night.

That's all I got for now. Good luck, be a good patient! You are the best incubator for your baby, better than all their high tech hospital equipment. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"