March 2011 Moms

Happy due date to me! (and follow ups- long)

And happy 1 week birthday to Landon! Party!!!

He's eating 2.5 oz every 3-4 hours now, which is way up from what he was eating a week ago today. Since he's eating more, he's sleeping longer, which means DH and I are getting 5-7 hours each because we alternate shifts. He's still sleeping in the guest room so that when one of us has the monitor on the other one doesn't have to listen to it and can actually sleep. Once we get Landon on a more regular schedule, we'll be back in the same bed... and I can't wait! I miss my DH.

Landon has been in his crib since night 1, and we've been successful with that. We put him in there after the last feeding (between 10-12 midnight). He stays in there until about 9am (with feedings in the night, duh!). Then we move him downstairs during the day. He sleeps in the My Little Lamb swing down there. After the daytime feedings, we keep him up for as long as he'll stay up (15 mins- an hour usually). We let him watch the light up noise thingy that came with the Baby Einstein mat, work his arms and legs with stretches and bicycles, then he goes back to the nap.

I like the "superman" position for burping... put your palm on baby's belly with your thumb and first finger under his chin. Lean him forwards a bit so that most of his weight is on your hand. He will still have himself somewhat supported with his legs. I like this position because it allows him to work his neck muscles while we burp him (double whammy!) and it keeps him more awake than lying him on my chest to burp him.

As far as the "dirty talk"... my stitches are healing and itching like crazy. I'm hardly ever taking percocet any more, maybe a half of one here or there. I'm still on iboprofen, but only 400mg instead of 800mg.

My boobs are hard and swollen, as my milk is trying to come in. Since day 1 in the hospital I've been wearing a sports bra 24/7. I've had a few spots/crust on my bra, but I've only seen a TINY amount of actual liquid come out of my nipples. DH wants to touch them so bad (because it's the only time in my life that I've actually had boobs!), but I won't let him because nipple stimulation = milk production. Stick out tongue

My biggest complaint a week after delivery is not being able to poop. I'm taking the Dulcolax stool softeners that the hospital recommended. But I haven't had much of an appetite and I haven't been drinking as much water or exercising like I used to. All of those = constipation. I just started taking fiber, and stopping the percocet will help too (it also causes constipation). I sit on the toilet and have the pooping sensation, but still nothing comes out. It's painful. Confused

Anyway... despite all of that, I can't imagine not having Landon for the past week. It's been the hardest week of our lives, but things are looking up. And we love him SO much!

Re: Happy due date to me! (and follow ups- long)

• so you are not breast feeding?  I'm not planning to either and i was told to also get a sports bra but i don't know what size i should get.  is it best to just get a size that fits now?  I didn't know if i would start to loose weight and that would effect it because i'm no longer the 34A i use to be
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to hear you and little Landon are doing so well!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagevlagrl29:
    so you are not breast feeding?  I'm not planning to either and i was told to also get a sports bra but i don't know what size i should get.  is it best to just get a size that fits now?  I didn't know if i would start to loose weight and that would effect it because i'm no longer the 34A i use to be

I am not breast feeding. I was a 34 A prior to getting pregnant, and right before delivery was a 34B. I got a 3 pack of Fruit of the Loom sports bras at Walmart, size 36.

• imagemrsjanks:

imagevlagrl29:
    so you are not breast feeding?  I'm not planning to either and i was told to also get a sports bra but i don't know what size i should get.  is it best to just get a size that fits now?  I didn't know if i would start to loose weight and that would effect it because i'm no longer the 34A i use to be

I am not breast feeding. I was a 34 A prior to getting pregnant, and right before delivery was a 34B. I got a 3 pack of Fruit of the Loom sports bras at Walmart, size 36.

Awesome info. I'm not BFing either. I was wondering the same thing. I started shopping around for some and was thinking to myself, "I have NO idea how big my boobs will be!" 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey due date buddy! I'm glad you're enjoying your first week with Landon. He is adorable.

We're working on transitioning to the crib this week. Since Quin was early the pedi recommended that he sleep in a smaller space (Moses basket) until he reached his due date. Do you keep Landon swaddled at night or do anything special to make him feel comfortable in the crib?

• Here's the set up... don't worry, the blanket is stretched tight! It helps keep him swaddled.

• imagemrsjanks:

imagevlagrl29:

Thanks!  you are so lucky you only went up 1 cup size i went to a 38 C 

• What formula are you using? I probably won't be able to breast feed or will need to supplement, due to a reduction. I feel clueless on choosing! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It sounds like everything is going really well!!  He's really adorable too, which I'm sure helps Wink

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"