Adoption
Options

I'm New to the Adoption World. Any words of Wisdom?

Hi All,

I'm new to the adoption world. DH and I have decided to stop fertility treatments and move on to adoption. We have chosen to adopt domestically and have decided to go with IAC. Any words of  wisdom for DH and I as we begin the adoption process?

Re: I'm New to the Adoption World. Any words of Wisdom?

• Options

Welcome!!!!!!!! It is a roller coaster just like any other method of growing a family! Remember no matter what your child is out there and when the time is right he/she will join your family! This is a great board for questions and information you will love the ladies on this board!

Blessings to your journey! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11
  • Options

Hi! I'm with that agency, too and live in the bay area. I would just say read, read, read as much as you can and try to find way for your dh to be involved, too. 

E-mail me if you have any questions:

dragonflybride at gmail dot com 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi and welcome.

There are FAQs at the top of the board that you can browse to see if there's any information or resources that you might be interested in. For anything specific, feel free to ask questions. We love new people and activity on this board.

We completed a domestic infant adoption last year. My best advice would be to be patient and keep copies of everything!

• Options
    imageDr.Loretta:

Hi and welcome.

There are FAQs at the top of the board that you can browse to see if there's any information or resources that you might be interested in. For anything specific, feel free to ask questions. We love new people and activity on this board.

We completed a domestic infant adoption last year. My best advice would be to be patient and keep copies of everything!

All of this, especially the keeping copies of everything! I can't tell you how many times that saved the day for us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • Options

Hi and welcome!

Yup, copies of everything, and notes of who you talked to when and dates of when you mailed stuff out.

The FAQ's are a great place to start, and after that, if you have more targeted questions, we'd love to help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"