Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Anyone given reasons? Or had testing done?

Hi girls-

So I just had my 2nd miscarriage :( Anyway, anyone had testing done or given an explanation for their miscarriages? Just curious if everyone's were "flukes" or if there is a treatable or untreatable issue causing these. Mine were both missed miscarriages and doctor wants to do testing. I don't even know what are the common issues. Any info? Thanks ladies and sorry for all of your losses.

6 & 2 year old, 2 losses

Re: Anyone given reasons? Or had testing done?

• Options
    I had two pregnancy losses, one being a six month miscarriage and the other a stillbirth, one was cord death, and the other was related to my hormones. I just lost my daughter who was 11 months to heart issues. I believe that the testing can only do so much. We live in a world were at least I grew up outside and thought I lived a healthy lifestyle only to learn about all the bad stuff in my foods etc. I would get the testing if it's covered.
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss!

I have had three losses: 1 chemical pregnancy (lost at 4.5 weeks), 1 missed m/c discovered around 8 weeks, and 1 stillborn. The first two, my dr suspects are related to my thyroid condition (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis) which messes with the hormones - especially progesterone.  We did not discover this until after our 2nd m/c and I had to be on progesterone suppositories and thyroid meds with our last pregnancy.  It also supports why I was able to carry DD#2 (who was in between our two early losses) since I used Clomid to conceive her and Clomid helps boost progesterone levels as well.

Our most recent loss was a cord accident that was discovered around 22 weeks.  We would have had an autopsy to determine why if the reason was not so apparent.    

Good luck to you!

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have seen a lot of stories here from women who have to beg their dr. to get testing done after multiple losses.  If your doc is offering, I'd take it.  After having a mc one time, I can't imagine doing it twice or even 3 times.  Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've only had one pregnancy (my loss) and my doctor offered to send the tissue for chromosomal testing.  I had to sign some exta paperwork for that, and the results aren't back yet (it was two weeks ago).  I have no idea if my OB will want to do any additional testing on me/DH, but I'll find out at my follow up next week.  I imagine my RE will be more interested in some extra tests, even though my thyroid and other hormones they were following were all under control.  I'll repost after my follow up, if people are interested. 

If you want testing, I don't think it hurts to ask, even if you haven't had multiple losses.  When I was TTC and suspected PCOS, I wasn't getting anywhere with a previous doc, so I left them.  My current OB was willing to test me for anything I asked for (and really, what's it to them if you/your insurance can pay for it?) and that's how I finally ended up at the RE.

dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Options

I am sorry for your losses.  We had to push for testing after our loss, as it is not commonly done until after 2 or 3.  But since we aren't able to get pg on our own and will have to pay OOP to try again, it was worth it to us.  They haven't been able to find anything wrong with us or the baby.  We had karyotyping done on all three of us, also testing for ACA, APA, LAC, TSH, hysteroscopy.  It was likely a hormonal or random genetic issue, but since we have no information, there isn't much we can do. 

Did your Dr. send the POC (fetus, placenta) to be tested?  Chromosomal issues are the #1 cause of early m/c.  Other issues are clotting disorders, uterine issues, hormonal imbalances, infections, etc.  Best of luck.

RPL testing

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"