May 2011 Moms

sleeping on the bump

so the last few weeks i have been waking up on my side but leaning heavily on my bump.  to the point where there are marks from the sheet/pajama pants.  i am guessing this is not a big deal or my body would wake me up, right?  just looking for some reassurance for the neurotic in me!

Re: sleeping on the bump

• imageychechel:
    so the last few weeks i have been waking up on my side but leaning heavily on my bump.  to the point where there are marks from the sheet/pajama pants.  i am guessing this is not a big deal or my body would wake me up, right?  just looking for some reassurance for the neurotic in me!

Your baby is in a pretty solid bubble of cushioning water. I wouldn't recommend belly flops, but on your side leaning towards your stomach on a non-hard surface should be fine

• This happens to me all the time, so I sleep with a body pillow underneath my stomach. I also sleep with a pillow behind my back because I end up on my back a lot because my cat loves to sleep on my stomach.
  • Loading the player...
  • ive been sleeping partially on my belly too. I wake up on my side/belly with my top leg so far over to the side it pulls me on too my belly. i think if it was a problem my body would wake me up too or atleast i hope so. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This happens to me too!  I feel like if it were hurting lo our bodies would wake us up but I have a dr's appt on Wed. and will get my doctors opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been almost on top of my body pillow the past couple of nights. Sleeping with the "leg hitch" has been really comfortable. 
  • I also love to sleep like that. It's the closest I've been to sleeping on my stomach (which is all I did before becoming pregnant) in weeks!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So I went to the dr yesterday and asked about this.  He said as long as I was comfortable and it wasn't hurting me, that the baby was just fine and it wasn't hurting anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"