Multiples
Options

question about carseats in a sedan or crossover

I found out last week that I am pregnant with twins.  We're still trying to prepare and come to terms with the shock, but now I'm starting to think about carseat arrangements.  We already have a 3 year old, and I'm worried that having 3 kids is going to require we buy a minivan.  I have a 2009 Toyota Camary and DH has a 2006 Chevy Malibu. 

Has anyone been able to safely get 2 rearfacing and 1 forward facing car seats in a sedan or crossover vehicle?  Which seats did you use and what car do you have?

Thanks everyone!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: question about carseats in a sedan or crossover

• Options

you can get 3 across depending on the seats you have - and how you install.

my DH has an Escape (small suv) and has 3 across the back - installed with the seatbelt- not the latch. latch systems tend to pull seats towards the middle, wasting space on the sides. If you use the belts you can fit most seats 3-across.

we had 2 graco snugride infant seats + a safety 1st convertible forward facing across... and now have 2 Cosco scenera's rear facing + the other FF.

but if you can get a minivan- honestly- you will be MUCH happier with that. The auto open doors alone make it worth it for twins.... and not having your 3y/o right next to the twins is a good thing... and also being able to have an adult sit in the back if needed, too = great.  I have a Caravan and love it. My 3y/o sits in the back and the twins in the middle. They have a party back there b/c they are facing each other.

• Options
    It can be done! DH has a smaller car and we can fit three car seats in his back seat (Sunshine kids Radians) and I can also fit 3 car seats in the back row of my van!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    what van do you have browneyed girl. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a Kia Rondo (CUV) and there would not be room for a third seat in the back with our First Years True Fits. We could probably fit three if we had the Sunshine Radians though.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"