Baby Showers
Options

Awkward question

So I invited a couple girls that I teach gymnastics with to my shower. At the time, I was working at the gym a lot and I felt like I was close enough to a few of them to warrant an invite. Well....now I've cut back on my hours at the gym because of the pregnancy (teaching gymnastics is my 2nd job...soo working 40 hrs a week at my regular job plus teaching gymnastics 3 nights a week was wearing on me) and I don't see them as often.

I want to ask them if they are planning to come to my shower (I'm not sure if they've RSVPed or not) but I feel like its kinda awkward. If they don't want to come or feel uncomfortable then it kind of puts them in the position to feel like they either have to come or make up some excuse for why they can't come....KWIM??

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Awkward question

• Options
    I don't  understand why do you need to ask them if they're coming to the shower?  Ask your hostess if they have RSVPd and then no matter if it's a yes or no, stay out of it.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options

imageMrs.B6302007:
    I don't  understand why do you need to ask them if they're coming to the shower?  Ask your hostess if they have RSVPd and then no matter if it's a yes or no, stay out of it.

This- if they DO feel awkward, then they'll probably not come. If they do come, they obviously felt comfortable enough to do so, so I see no need to worry. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is a non-issue.  Like the pp said, if they want to come they will.  I assume these folks are adults and therefore should have the maturity to understand that they're not forced into doing anything they're not comfortable with because of some sort of obligation. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagediscobelle:

If you really need to know, I'd ask the hostess if they RSVP'd.  No need to make them feel pressured by asking.

This.  I'm not sure why you'd directly ask them.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagetlxh7:
    imagediscobelle:

If you really need to know, I'd ask the hostess if they RSVP'd.  No need to make them feel pressured by asking.

This.  I'm not sure why you'd directly ask them.

This.  I think you're stressing yourself out for no reason.  I don't really see why you need to know if they're coming at all as long as the hostess knows. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

11.10.10 from my belly to my heart at 11wks 5days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"