Health & Exercise
Options

30 Day Shred- calorie ?

Roughly how many calories do you think you burn doing this?  I just started using myfitnesspal.com and am trying to figure out how to log it since it's not listed.  I read somewhere around 180 calories.  Does this seem right?  FWIW I currently weigh around 150
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image

Re: 30 Day Shred- calorie ?

• Options
    When I was tracking things on SparkPeople it was recommended (I posted a question on the SparkPeople community page) to enter 30-day shred as circuit training. When I entered circuit training for 20 minutes it said I burned 149 calories.
  • Options

I am no help.  I would like to know that answer though.  The numbers listed just seem so low.  You'd think you'd be burning more than that  When I'm on my treadmill for 30 minutes - half of it is a light jog, half is walking, it says I burn a little under 300.  I get SO much more of a workout with the Shred.

I'm going to try to find this answer.

image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageshugs-n-sweets:

I am no help.  I would like to know that answer though.  The numbers listed just seem so low.  You'd think you'd be burning more than that  When I'm on my treadmill for 30 minutes - half of it is a light jog, half is walking, it says I burn a little under 300.  I get SO much more of a workout with the Shred.

Honestly, I don't think I'd trust your treadmill as an accurate count of calories burned. They're notorious for being wrong. Of course the calories you burn depend on your height, weight, etc., but an average rule of thumb is you burn about 100 calories per mile you walk or run.

If you want an accurate calorie count it could be worthwhile to invest in a Polar heart rate monitor. 

• Options
    imagecarlab44:
    imageshugs-n-sweets:

Honestly, I don't think I'd trust your treadmill as an accurate count of calories burned. They're notorious for being wrong. Of course the calories you burn depend on your height, weight, etc., but an average rule of thumb is you burn about 100 calories per mile you walk or run.

If you want an accurate calorie count it could be worthwhile to invest in a Polar heart rate monitor. 

Yea - I figured that was too good to be true.  I'll look into that monitor.

image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"