1st Trimester

Telling parents.....

I was wondering how you all told your parents, and how far along you waited until you told them. I figured we would wait until at least the first U/S (8 weeks +), and then give them a copy of the sonograph. But we are conflicted as to how to tell them. Both sets of parents rarely get together so springing a dinner on them might tip them off to something being up, unless we just didn't let the other half know it would be a whole family affair. I wanted to do a few little gifts but DH wants to just blurt it out...silly DH! Stick out tongue So I wondered how you all did it. Thanks for the input!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Telling parents.....

• We just blurted it out.  We were too excited to wait and we told the day we found out.  :D

Good luck coming up with a cute way to tell!  It was something I never considered before coming on this board... 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With the first we lived across teh country, so we just called and said, hey, we're having a baby. We told just before 7 weeks.

This time we told at about 5/6 weeks - still haven't had dating u/s - and did the same thing. Just called. To us the news itself is exciting enough, we didn't feel the need to go all out with it.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH told his family when I was 7 weeks. His grandfather was in town so my DH made 3 snowmen 2 adult and one little one and wrote #52 with food color in the snow (this will be his grandfather's 52 great grandchild). We told my family when I was 7 weeks and 2 days after our fist U/S. It was the monday after the super bowl and being raised in WI my family was beyond excited Green Bay won. I had a shirt made that said "Future Cheese Head" across my stomach. My mom cried and my dad said "What does that mean?" But all in all everybody was excited!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • that is how we did it, we live in Indiana and all our family in CA so we called them at 4 weeks and let them know.

imagememali26:

With the first we lived across teh country, so we just called and said, hey, we're having a baby. We told just before 7 weeks.

This time we told at about 5/6 weeks - still haven't had dating u/s - and did the same thing. Just called. To us the news itself is exciting enough, we didn't feel the need to go all out with it.

• "Hi Mom, I'm pregnant."
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our families all live in another state. We'll be heading over there for Spring Break. For our first baby, we called everyone that night. This time around, we got our little Anna a shirt and my artistic hubby painted the words "BIG SIS" on it with a pacifier - it looks kind of Doctor Seuss-y and it turned out very cute. We were just down a week or two ago and I thought I was getting my period, so I was whining about cramping and taking Motrin... so they suspect nothing! My DD will wear her tee shirt and when she runs in to hug Mamma and Papa (as she always does) then takes off her coat - SURPRISE!!! I'm very excited to tell my in-laws! As for my mom and sisters... maybe I'll have lunch with them while I'm down there and tell them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • we were only married for 2 weeks when we got pregnant so I wrote on a card for both sets , "Now that the wedding chaos is over, we can't sleep just yet because....."  It was sweet
  • Our first Christmas as a married couple, the in-laws gave us baby socks...nice welcome to the family, but anyway... We're also waiting until around 8 wks or after the first appointment and put the sono pictures in a box with the same baby socks and give it back to them.
  • For the first pregnancy we got my parents books (it would have been their first grandchild): Grandma Diaries and Grandpa Rules. For DH family we were all visiting his sister and he apparently blurted it out to them while I was in another room because everyone came rushing in and started hugging me. This time we just told them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"