Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Let's talk teeth

DH, God love him, has decided that since Mari is shoving things into the back of her mouth, she must be teething a molar.

I feel like this is incredibly unlikely, especially since she doesn't even have any noticeable bumps for her front teeth, or incisors. But because I am a grouch and a half, I just sort of smile and nod and say "we'll see" rather than "pick up an effing book and pull your head out of your butt, she's just exploring."

But now I'm starting to wonder if there's any possibility he's right, because I am awesome about doubting myself.

Thoughts?

Mother's Day, 2011

Re: Let's talk teeth

• Options
    I will go with possible but highly unlikely.  It's not unheard of for teeth to come in out of order, but I don't think I've ever known a baby to cut a molar first.  And, IME, babies tend to just shove their fingers all over their mouths vs. right on the tooth that might be bugging them.  Either that or my girls are really uncoordinated with this whole teething thing, cause they were/are all over the place with the fingers.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with Dobie. It's possible but unlikely. Both of my kids shove things into the backs of their mouths with teething. DS would chew on his fingers incessantly. I'm amazed his fingers aren't prune-like still. And DD shoves everything she can into her mouth with teething. I caught her with a huge piece of grout the other day. Walking around and trying to chew on it at the same time. She was so proud of herself that she came and showed it to me and got mad when I took it away. I offered her a straw sippy cup to chew on instead that she took begrudgingly and shoved it in as far as possible.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto Dobie...highly unlikely.

Here ya go...

https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/dental-health-your-childs-teeth

My mom found me a great chart when I had concerns about Evan.  Usually it's incisors first, then first molars, then canines.  I was surprised the canines came AFTER molars usually.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options
    Ditto everyone else.  There is a very good chance you will get to say, "I told you so," at some point in the future.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Oh phew! Thank you!

Mother's Day, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"