Pregnant after 35

3rd and last ... csection and tubal ligation?

This is our third and we know it will be our last. I did not have a csection with my first two births, but I am thinking of having one this time for two reasons. Both babies were big (1st was 10 lbs, the 2nd was induced two weeks early and was still 9 1/2 lbs.) and the next reason is because we know it will be our last and if I have a csection then they could do the tubal ligation at the same time and be done with that procedure, too.

Has anyone had any experience with this idea?

Thanks!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
Lisa (Ali1b1g+1)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: 3rd and last ... csection and tubal ligation?

• Honestly, I would never consider an elective c/s.  I ended up having one & hated every bit of it (I consented, but was going for a natural water birth).  *IF* I end up with another c/s, I will include a tubal in my plans - however, if our homebirth goes as planned, DH will have a vasectomy instead as the recovery is MUCH easier for them. - Just my 2 cents.
  • I am going on my 4th c-s.  I would never chose to have an elective c-s.  I have issues with internal scarring that have led to other problems.  So I would have a vaginal birth and then do tubal with a lap. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks all for your advice! I am thinking that I am feeling a little nervous about going through labor again and am looking for the "easy" way out. I wouldn't want to intentionally inflict more problems than are necessary. Thanks again!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Lisa (Ali1b1g+1)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"