Baby Showers

Co-Ed Shower ideas

I need ideas for games or something for the guest to do.  I'd appreciate any ideas ya'll have.  I am going with a rock star theme and it's for a boy.  Thanks.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Co-Ed Shower ideas

• This is also her third child but first boy.  I know that she has already done most of the traditional shower games.  I am just trying to come up with new ideas. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Everyone just drank and mingled at mine, we didn't really do games which was fine. Nobody seemed bored....they stayed over six hours!

We did fill sippy cups with beer and the guys had a contest to see who could finish first. Winner got a bottle of wine.

• Loading the player...
  • imagepook:

Everyone just drank and mingled at mine, we didn't really do games which was fine. Nobody seemed bored....they stayed over six hours!

We did fill sippy cups with beer and the guys had a contest to see who could finish first. Winner got a bottle of wine.

sounds hilarious!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Co-ed?  I'd skip the games.  you don't have to give the guests something to "do".  I'm sure they can talk and mingle and enjoy themselves w/o games!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:
    Co-ed?  I'd skip the games.  you don't have to give the guests something to "do".  I'm sure they can talk and mingle and enjoy themselves w/o games!

THIS. 

• Pin the Diaper on the Baby. bought a poster of a baby w. a diaper, traced the diaper shape and cut out a few for ppl to "pin" on the baby. pretty funny to see where these land when they have been turned around and around and their eyes closed.

Pair up the Socks. I had the guys do this and see how nimble they can be with tiny little baby socks. bought a ton of baby socks, took them apart, dumped them on a table and had them grab as many as they can and pair them up. Winner has the most pairs. 

not everyone knew each other so they didn't really mingle. the games provided some form of entertainment.

• these are not "games" but more "activities"....we did these at a co-ed shower i hosted a few years ago...

-provide pampers in newborn size and sharpies.  have guests write funny messages on the diaper to keep the new parents amused at those middle of the night diaper changes.  we had them share their messages if they wanted...very funny stuff!

-we had a "guest book" of sorts on a table and guests could write thoughts and advice for the new parents.

and i do like the beer in the sippy cup idea!  although you could also use a non-alcoholic bev...the humor is in watching the guys drink from a sippy (or even a baby bottle). 

• My BFF had CO-ED shower and there was one really really embarassing game that ended up being pretty entertaining. They put a potato in a stocking and tied the stocking around our waists with the potato hanging at your ankles. The goal was to swing the potato back and forth between your legs and hit another potato that was laying on the ground to see who could knock it the farthest. The guys were hilarious doing their best to "impress" with their moves.

Another one we grouped up in threes and had to direct each other in spooning pudding into one of the others' mouth. Two sat facing each other in chairs and were blindfolded with one of them having a pudding and spoon, the third stood behind the one to be fed with no blindfold and had to give verbal directions (left, a little lower, straight forward, etc..). We wore garbage bags as aprons and it was really messy, but also a lot of fun.

Also, this looks like a good site for co-ed games:  https://www.babyshowernet.com/baby-shower-games/coed-baby-shower-games.html

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am co-hosting a Co-ed shower (blech- that's a lot of Co in one sentence) in a few weeks.  We are going to have "activity stations" instead of games.  we will have a guess jar (oversized baby bottle) Filled with candy-- guess how many candies 

( you could do guess how many guitar pics?) 

and onesie decorating station - I'm assigned teams and themes so Mom to be ends up with 4-5 onesies instead of thirty.   (you could have themes ..like baby's favorite Rock band, Mommy's little drummer, etc)

Hope that helps :) 

• Since it's a "Rock Star Theme" - you could have a Guitar Hero or Rock Band  station set up, where you have the guests compete. Could be wild and crazy...but fun!

Here are some more co-ed ideas:

https://www.cutest-baby-shower-ideas.com/couples-baby-shower-ideas.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"