Multiples

how much do you pay your babysitter?

Seeing as I am a first time mom and I haven't babysat since I was about 13, I have no idea what the going rate is these days. When we want to go out to a movie or something, we have a high school girl that will babysit the boys. How much do you pay your babysitter? Do you do it per hour?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how much do you pay your babysitter?

• $10 per hour.  The girl we use is a recent college grad who is looking for a teaching job.  She has experience nannying multiples. 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have a recent nursing school grad coming in to help a few times a week and I'm paying her 10.50/hr, which is what she made working in L&D/postpartum when she was in nursing school. 
  • Loading the player...
  • In TX, we pay $12 an hour if we want a date night out.

In NY where we recently came from, it ranged from $15 to $20 per hour...but these sitters also would clean up/ do light housecleaning after the girls were asleep for the night (so it was expensive but it was a sweet treat to come home after a date and have the place be sparkly clean!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it totally depends on location/region, so might be hard to get a consensus here. We pay our nanny $18/hour and are hoping to pay a regular evening sitter about $15/hour.
  • We have a 13 year old girl who comes twice a week and is more of a mothers helper. We pay her $5/hour, but I'm usually home when she's here and if I go out, I just run to the store and am only gone for about 30 minutes at a time. But, her only responsibility is to play with the boys. She doesn't feed them or change diapers or anything like that. We also have a college student that comes during the day or if we want a date night. We pay her $10/hour, but I feel like that is on the low side for our area.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We pay our babysitter $10 an hour but she doesn't watch my twins. She watches my toddler, 4 year old, 7 year old, and 11 year old. 
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've seen a tool on Care.com that gives you an idea of the going rate based on your location.

Here's the link: https://www.care.com/visitor/childCarePayCalculator.do?zip=64081&numChild=3&yearsEx=999&x=26&y=8

• For a reliable teenager I'd do 10 dollars an hour.  If she was super awesome, I'd be temped to to more like 15 bucks so, she would never tell me no.  lol-

My housekeeper has been taking care of the babies up until this next week and I was paying her 80 dollars for about 5 hours of her time per week-2.5 hrs on Tuesdays and 2.5 hours on Thursdays.  I gave her 40 dollars a day.  But, she was well into her 50's, very reliable and fabulous with the babies.

I wouldn't leave any of my kids with a teenager though.  I don't know any that I feel comfortable with.  I know what I was like when I was in my teens.  

ETA-I've never left all three kids.  These numbers are just for the twins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a mothers helper come once a week, she's a nursing student going for her NP. While she's here she does baby dishes, vacuums, light dusting, baby laundry, runs errands and helps with the babies. When they get a bit older I'm hoping to have her come twice a week for 2 hours and use that time to get out of the house! I pay her $15 an hour. But if she didn't have a nursing degree I would have only paid her $10!
  • $11/hr, she watches the girls one or two day a week for 6hrs, while H is sleeping (he works night work) and she watches bottles and does the girls wash for me.  She is an early elementary ed student.  She has also babysat after they've gone to bed a couple times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I wanted to add that the $10/hr is what she told us she charged.  We didn't come up with that number, but it seemed very reasonable to us.  

IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"