March 2011 Moms
Options

High, Thick, and Closed (almost 37 weeks)

ughhh...just got back from my doctors appointment ( Ill be 37 weeks on wednesday), and they checked me. Im high, thick, and closed! The nurse couldnt even tell if the baby is head down! i know i know...things can change, and i am still not even full term, but after being so miserable with swelling, on and off contractions, working like a crazy person, and not sleeping at all i thought i would be somewhere!!

Any one have any good news for me!? were you in the same position and then things drastically changed!? i plan on starting to walk/have sex/bounce on exercise ball this weekend to try and get things going. im a FTM so i know ill probably end up going late, however, it would be comforting to hear if anyone else is in the same boat, or if they were and things turned around!

Re: High, Thick, and Closed (almost 37 weeks)

• Options
    I was in the same position at 37 weeks.  At my 38 week appointment I was 1.5 cm dialated, 30 percent effaced. Things can change and I wouldnt worry (people go from being closed to having their baby next day or being dialated at a 3 for weeks so theres not telling really).  Dont be discouraged--I walked a lot between week 37 and 38 and I think it helped, also.  Not sure when the baby will be here tho!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was completely closed last week and 1 cm at my appointment today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Our Fur-babies: Oliver, Leela, & Neville Our Puppies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boys all turned to head down around 37 weeks. Don't worry, you won't be pregnant forever...
  • Options
    My cousin walked around at 4 cm for weeks - as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to mean a thing. Just try to relax, really. Baby will come one way or another in almost no time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With DD #1 I was checked in the morning and was told the same thing. No progress, no dilation, nothing. I had an induction scheduled for 2 days later because I was overdue. OB said she'd see me Friday for my induction. About 4 hours later I lost my mucus plug. 2 ish hours after that I started having contractions and less than 8 hours after I timed the first contraction, DD was born. Don't be discouraged, when it's time, it's time. : ) 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"