Buying a house! - Hood area — The Bump
Military Families

Buying a house! - Hood area

We are expecting our little boy in mid April and DH's report date to Fort Hood is July 10th. We were just home in the Dallas area last week and went down to the area to look at houses, since it's just a hop skip and a jump from home for us compared to El Paso..but we found a house in Copperas Cove, and put in a bid on it, the next day, we found out our bid got accepted! Just thought it was great news and wanted to share in our excitement..and we plan on staying in the Hood area for at least 6 years, so please don't lecture about "not knowing" and him coming down on orders or anything, as we know the risks..thanks!!

Re: Buying a house! - Hood area

• Congrats
    DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the house!

Hood is easy to stay at- it's actually pretty hard to get away it seems. I've been here on AD for 5 1/2 years, and the only reason I am leaving now is that I am leaving AD and going into the IRR.

Cove is a bit of a drive, but there are some really great housing areas out there that will make it worth it. We looked at several homes in that area prior to finding the one we currently live in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards