Natural Birth
Options

Follow-up on declining internals

I had one. And it was soooo informative; one cm dilated, soft and in the end he couldn't even feel his head!! He had to do an ultrasound, so the exam was completely pointless anyway. (He is head down BTW). I suppose the good news is, 1) my OB is now agreeing that there is no need to do another, unless I request one and 2) I personally didn't find it to be painful at all, pretty much just like a normal OBGYN exam.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Follow-up on declining internals

• Options

yay for head down babies! Smile

I still find it ridiculous that most OBs cant tell positioning by externally palpating. Really shows the reliance on medical technology and useless interventions IMO. Stick out tongue

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

lol  Well, I'm glad LO is head down for you!  My internals were not too uncomfortable with my last pregnancy (I had three: one at 37 weeks, one at 41 weeks to strip and another at 41w3 days for another strip) but the one I had last week was... probably because my cervix was so far back!  She had to get up there  pretty far to even get the jist of what was happening, lol. 

I wonder why he couldn't find the head... that's weird, lol.  At least all is well!  The nurse at my office asked if I wanted another cervical check this morning and I was like, "Nope!"  We'll leave it be until I'm actually in labor!

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"