Multiples

If your babies were preemies

If you had preemies- mine were born at 34.3 weeks when did you start solids?

We tried cereal and we think we are just going to skip it.

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If your babies were preemies

• My girls were 32 weekers.  They are 7 months old...and just now starting to get the hang of it. 

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My babies were 32 weekers.  We started at 6.5 months old.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine were born at 32 weeks 6 days and we started cereal at 5 months and solids at 6 months.  They weren't crazy about cereal at first but once we could mix it with purees they liked it better and did great with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My girls were born at 32wks1day and started solids at 6 months per pedi's recommendation.

• We started my 32 week DCs on cereal at 6 mo.  They didn't really like it very much so we quickly moved to baby food.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • My guys were 32 weekers and we waited until 6.5 months. 
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 - 12/9/09 After being on bedrest for 10 weeks due to TTTS and hospital bedrest for 4 weeks due to PPROM, my sticky babies are here! Born at 32 weeks!!
  • We started at 6 months actual. L&E were born at 33w6d.
  • Mine were 35.4 weeks and we started cereal at 4 months when the pedi reccomended, they didnt seem to like the rice cereal too much in the beginning so we switched to oatmeal and they liked that much better. We started baby food at about 4.5 months and they LOVED it.
  • My girls were 33 weekers and we tried at 4 mths actual but they were just not ready.  It was probably around 6.5 months that they got the hang of eating.  And Lauryn could not tolerate cereal so we just went right to purees for both of them.
  • Mine were 35weekers and I will probably start cereal this weekend (just shy of 6 months). I've been mixing oatmeal in their bottles for reflux since they were 4 months, but it was a small amount. They haven't tried anything by spoon. I am only just now seeing signs that they are ready (or getting there). 
  • Mine were born at 34.3 too and my pedi told me at their 4 months check up to wait on cereal until 6 months at least.  I anticipate starting solids after our 6 month appointment
  • My 32 weekers started at 6 months.  Actually one day shy of it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
  • I started at 6 months.  The rice cereal was a no go because they already have constipation issues.  I'm trying to push oatmeal and stage one foods right now.  Hudson will have none of it.  Landry will eat about half of a container of food with a tiny bit of oatmeal.

They were born at 34.6 wks and will be 7 months actual on Thursday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"