North Carolina Babies

If all else fails, take off your pants.

After removing everything except for the actual furniture (including the dresser drawers) in Holly's room because of her getting up and wrecking her room at night, I thought surely I'd eliminated the distractions in her room, and surely she'd stay in bed.

Silly me. I watched her (on the monitor) search for something to get into, and ultimately take off her pants and pull-ups and then attempt to put them on her her bear. Then she proceded to dance around bare-assed in her room, and eventually fall asleep that way on the floor. Thankfully she didn't pee the floor.

Good times. Interested to see what stunt she pulls tonight. The hits keep coming. Confused But I've at least surrendered to the idea of her sleeping on the floor. More power to her. Confused

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: If all else fails, take off your pants.

• Man, I love that kid.  With entertainment like that, you could shut off your cable!
  • I'm sorry Hughes.  Nate's #1 method of retaliation right now is to either take off his pants & underpants OR to just pee in his pants.  It's lovely.  So I feel your pain. 

Sounds like it's time for a margarita (or 5).

• Loading the player...
  • I know it must be hard to deal with as a parent, but as a friend, it's hilariously funny! Sorry, but that kid is just too smart for her own good!  Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, I'm super frustrated with the situation as a whole, but I found this stunt hilarious (and ridiculous).

I'm just going to quit acknowledging that she's getting out of bed for awhile, and hopefully it'll stop....someday.

Until then, I'm interested (and scared) to see what else she has up her sleeve.

• Hughes, I hate to tell you this, but I can guess what's next (based on my experience), and that's intentional peeing.  Sometimes Nate will just take his pants & underpants off in protest.  But sometimes he intentionally pees... like if I put him in time out, he'll pee in his pants.  And recently he didn't want to go to bed and was fussing, and he apparently pulled his pull-up down and peed in his bed. Indifferent Beyond frustrating.  I swear he can even make himself poop, just so that he'll have a poopy pull-up, which requires a change.  It's insane.

Hopefully Holly won't go there, but that's what Nate seems to do when he's trying to test his limits.

• Oh man this is exactly why I havent attempted this. Im beginning the think AT will be in his crib till he starts school! GL Hughes I hope it gets better soon!
  • imageECUGirl2004:

Hughes, I hate to tell you this, but I can guess what's next (based on my experience), and that's intentional peeing.  Sometimes Nate will just take his pants & underpants off in protest.  But sometimes he intentionally pees... like if I put him in time out, he'll pee in his pants. 

Sorry to say it as well, but Chloe did this exact thing. If she was mad and we put her in timeout, she would force herself to pee her pants. It was the worst ever. It lasted awhile too---this was the ultimate test of wills. 2 was bad. 3 was HORRID. 4? The golden age. My advise? Drink heavily after she goes to bed. ;) haha

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • what a lil stinker. I know its gotta be frustrating but at least u are able to laugh about it and give us all some entertainment! i can just imagine her falling asleep on teh floor without her pants or pullups...what a nut! if its not one thing its another with them!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh my Hughes!  I'd probably putting the front back on the crib or either turning it around to the wall so she can't get out.  Do you think she would accept it if you did that or will she pitch a total fit?  She's barely two and wasn't crawling out of the crib right?  I'd be tempted to go back and contain her for several more months.  I read some of your posts and I don't think there's too much reasoning with a two year old. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• I can very much see her starting to climb out of her crib if we put the front back on, which I have considered. As creative as she's gotten these past several nights, I'd be afraid she'd do that and fall out. But that idea isn't completely off the table. I just hate to backtrack. :-(

As far as the manipulative peeing in her pants thing--**insert knock on wood here**--she has never pooped in her underwear (ok, once at DC, I think, her first week of PTing), and hasn't peed in them, accident or otherwise, since the first couple of weeks of PTing. Hey, who knows, she might go there. But she hates the feeling of wet undies, so I'd think (and hope!) she wouldn't do that. But there's not much I'd put past her at this point.

I'm going to take out her night light tonight. If it's pitch black in there and she can't see what she's doing, maybe playing around will lose it's appeal. Or not. Who knows.

At least she's got personality, right? hehe. Smile

• I have got to stop reading these posts, b/c I am enjoying the blissful ignorance of a non-defiant toddler right now. I know my time is coming, lol. Are we sure there is no way to skip the 3's?

• imageMrsHughesNC:

I'm just going to quit acknowledging that she's getting out of bed for awhile, and hopefully it'll stop....someday.

It will stop someday!  Hang in there.  I'm sure the ignoring her will help.  She'll get bored of it soon enough and realize the floor is not that comfy to sleep on.

Good luck!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate to admit it but I find these posts entertaining, I actually look forward to seeing what she'll do next! She's quite creative!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"