Baby Showers
Options

my involvement in my baby shower

My mom (don't flame me) is hosting a baby shower for me - is it tacky for me to want to be involved in the planning?  I enjoy party planning and honestly that is more than half the fun for me.  Mom welcomes my help, but I had someone tell me it was tacky to be that involved in the planning and I was in essence throwing my own shower.  opinions? 
If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my involvement in my baby shower

• Options
    There is nothing wrong with being involved in your baby shower planning as long as your mom is the host.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagediscobelle:
    I think it's fine to help.  If you're worried about what people think, then they don't need to know.  :)

This is what I was thinking. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's totally ok to be involved as much as you want to be. It's YOUR shower and as long as your help is welcomed I would say go for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm going to diverge from the previous posters and say it's really your Mom's call as to how involved you are.  If she asks for your opinion, or says "tell me what flavor cake you want", then by all means answer.  But if she wants to plan the shower and you give unsolicited input, that's probably being too involved.
  • Options

imageRoxyLynn:
    I'm going to diverge from the previous posters and say it's really your Mom's call as to how involved you are.  If she asks for your opinion, or says "tell me what flavor cake you want", then by all means answer.  But if she wants to plan the shower and you give unsolicited input, that's probably being too involved.

This.  I suggest you stay as vague as possible when offering help.  "Mom, let me know if you need any help.  Don't be afraid to ask."  vs. "Mom, I can do the decorations, games, and invitations.  Does that work for you?"

I'm a big party planner too but I also know that it's not nice to tread on another planner's business.  If your mom brushes your offer aside then let it go and enjoy whatever she has planned for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    like you i love planning parties. i think u should have some say in your shower if it's your mom planning it, assuming she's ok w. it and would love to throw you the shower that you want. i'm sure u'll be nice about it too so why not? just keep in mind her budget or if nec, help w. that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"