Postpartum Depression

Just joining you - taking Celexa

Hi. I was referred to this board by a Bump friend because I may be developing PPD. I was diagnosed in January with PTSD and was prescribed Celexa, but since taking that I've felt very different and I seem to have worsened. I read the symtoms of bipolar disease and fit almost all of them.. that scares me. I've been very a very angry person, emotions have been out of whack, and I'm very irritable. On the other hand sometimes I'll have these "episodes" of feeling like...nothing. My boss has noticed at work because I haven't been "all there" and I don't seem to be bothered by anything or care for anything. I've had a very absent minded attitude. My DH has said I'm the same way at home.. I've had no desire to do anything, even sometimes play with our daughter!

I'm calling my psychiatrist tomorrow and I have an appointment scheduled for Thursday, so hopefully they can give me a different medication because I don't think I'm responding well to Celexa. Anyways, just wanted to give some quick info about what I'm going through and I look forward to getting to know others here that share my challenges. I hope everyone has a great day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Just joining you - taking Celexa

• Kelso! I'm happy you're seeking the help! Welcome to the board.
  • imageMcRib:
    Good luck Kelso. Celexa did nothing for me. It took several medications for me to find one that worked well. Be prepared to shop around (with the help of your doctor) before you find one that helps.
    Definitely. I'm really worried about taking medication because I've heard so many bad things that can happen, but I want to feel normal again you know? I just want to be calm and relaxed. I felt great the first couple weeks with Celexa, but now it's affecting me negatively.. I left a message with the nurse so hopefully I hear back from them soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageklcl8981:
    Kelso! I'm happy you're seeking the help! Welcome to the board.
    Smile Love ya girl! Thank you for all your help and links you gave me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"