Upstate NY Babies

Take a look in my freezer

See the stuffed dog in the ziploc bag?  Ya, DD saw it too.  And freaked out.  I can only imagine what she thought.

It is dd's "lovey" that she sleeps with each night and gives kisses in the crib.  She waves bye bye to it each morning.  So I bought a 2nd one and each month freeze and wash the current one and switch it out.

Re: Take a look in my freezer

• Okay I'm actually laughing out loud. :-) Two questions 1) is the dog a Gund brand animal? It looks like the one I grew up loving and 2) why do you freeze it? Does freezing it make it easier to wash??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also need to know what freezing accomplishes.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMelissaSue81:
    I also need to know what freezing accomplishes.

Me three.

• Haha, what?  You don't all freeze your clothes before washing too?  Haha.

I guess it has something to do with the stuffing is not regular stuffing.  It is some type of low-allergen stuffing.  It says to freeze in a bag for 24 hours, then put in the washer and dryer.

https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=535370

• That is a little scary...I think the freezing has something to do with killing dust mites.
  • imageBitsyKelly:
    That is a little scary...I think the freezing has something to do with killing dust mites.

Ahh, that would make more sense, good to know!

• Hahahaha My mom is a therapist and often asks her clients what their first memory is. I really hope someday E doesn't end up telling someone her first memory is of her mom having a dog in a bag in the freezer! LOL Big Smile
  • OMG, that's hilarious.  I was also wondering about why you put it in the freezer.  I had never heard of that.  Maybe I should put one of Zoey's toys in the freezer just to see what DH does when he sees it - lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is so freakin' hilarious!  
  • OMG tooooo funnnyyy!!!! Hahahaha I was laughing so hard when I saw this. How did you explain it to DD?
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just reread this post and can't believe I totally forgot this!  But when we first moved into this house, Tyler used to put his lovey in our freezer and fridge all the time.  Other than it being a side by side so he could open both sides, we have no idea why he used to do it!  We would ask and would just say he was making baby bear cold and hand us his bear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"