High-Risk Pregnancy

Negative fFN

I thought you ladies might be able to give me some perspective. I went in on Friday night cramping and having back pain. Well sure enough I was having contractions every 3-4 min apart. They said I was hydrated but started some more fluids just in case. I was monitored by my OB for about 4-5 hours and they ran tests but nothing remarkable was showing up, including a Negative fFN. They sent me home with no real restrictions at around midnight with a follow up on Monday. 

I am still having regular contractions and bad back pain that has continued. Anyone else like this? Should I just expect it for the rest of my pregnancy? I am almost 34 weeks.  

I wish I could just ignore them! 

Re: Negative fFN

• I had PTL with DS1 at 24 weeks and they did an FFN every two weeks until I was 36 weeks and they were all negative. I was put on bed rest b/c I had a short cervix. They told me a negative FFN is a NEGATIVE and there is a slim to none chance it could be wrong. They told me a positive meant that there was a possibility I could go into labor within a 2 week period. This time around with DS2 I started with contax again and they checked me and at 19w5d I was measuring 2.1cm and was put on bed rest until 36 weeks. They will start regular FFN tests once I make it to 24 weeks. With DS1 I was taken off bed rest at 36weeks and they thought for sure I would be there in a day or two delivering and he came 3 days before my due date. We are hoping we have the same great outcome this time around. Best of luck to yuo!
  • How many weeks are you?

I had PTL(same symptoms) at 31.5 weeks.. My Ffn test came back neg and had DD 2 weeks 2 days later 34 weeks 3 days.I had contractions the whole two weeks...but was on bed rest also. I was 80% effaced and 2 cm.

Are you effaced or dialted?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"