Military Families

Deployments & on post housing run by Picerne.

DH is deploying and I plan on going home to stay with my parents and take some classes. We live on post and lease through Picerne, my question is will they let us out of our lease with his deployment orders??Also is there a fee for terminating the lease early? Thanks in advance ladies.
MC: Feb 24th, 2011

Re: Deployments & on post housing run by Picerne.

• You should call Picerne and ask them these questions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I plan on contacting them but since I've been given the run around for simple questions I figured asking people who have possibly been through this would give me some insight.
    MC: Feb 24th, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • My understanding is that there is a clause and no penalty for breaking early. I would however call Monday to the main office and ask or go in person. Its alot harder to give you the run around in person.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Any lease can be terminated with military orders with no penalty
  • imageKatherineECO:
    DH is deploying and I plan on going home to stay with my parents and take some classes. We live on post and lease through Picerne, my question is will they let us out of our lease with his deployment orders??Also is there a fee for terminating the lease early? Thanks in advance ladies.

I live at Ft Polk also run by Picerne but they seem to change the rules every so often. Go in and talk to them

• imagesoldiersgrl3:
    Any lease can be terminated with military orders with no penalty

Only if there is a military clause in the lease. If there isn't you can still be charged.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you want/plan/hope to move back on post when your DH returns, be sure to ask about that. When we lived at Irwin, housing was then run by Pinnacle, if you moved off post, you had to wait a year before reapplying (or something like that).
  • You also need to look into if you can break the lease with just deployment orders. Since those are not PCS orders and you are not on them they may not let you break your lease without penatly. Something to look into.

• imageLace&Josh:

imagesoldiersgrl3:
    Any lease can be terminated with military orders with no penalty

Only if there is a military clause in the lease. If there isn't you can still be charged.

I don't think a military clause in the lease is necessary anymore because of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, which allows you to break a lease due to PCS orders or a deployment longer than 90 days.

But yes, Picerne is really the only place to find the answers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"