Special Needs

Going to lose it!

The pharmacy we have been ordering DS Neocate Jr from just decided they would not order it anymore.  Today is the day I normally pick it up.  No call from them to warn me nothing!

I live in a very small town with no big city within 5 hours of here.  I have 1/2 a can of Neocate left.  I am now calling the other pharmacy's and begging.  I don't know what to do.  DS CAN NOT eat anything else.  I don't know why they would do this.  I am about to have a panic attack if Target can't come through for me.  They are my last hope quite literally. 

Vent over, I just don't know what to do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going to lose it!

• Does your insurance pay for it?  If so, then you need to find out from your insurance what delivery system/medical supply company they are contracted with.  This is how we get DD's food

If your insurance does not pay, Neocate, Jr. is available online https://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=neocate+jr&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=shop:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&biw=1260&bih=615&bav=on.1,or.&fp=593e0cc39af96e6f

While you wait (if dealing with insurance or trying to get a pharmacy to help), go ahead and order an extra can so that you are not in a panic about feeding your child.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you.  I just had some overnighted.  Target will be able to get it for us in the future.  I have always had four 'extra' cans just in case, but the pharmacy we have been using has been giving me the run around the last week so I had to use those.  Now when I called today they just said that they weren't going to order it anymore.  Why they couldn't have told me that sometime over the last week I don't know. 

I just started to panic.  It was the kind of situation where it was the straw the broke the camels back, you know what I mean?  I needed you to get me thinking clearly again I guess.  I am so irrate with that pharmacy right now.

Again, thank you for your help. 

• I understand!  It is harder when we can't just "go to the store" to pick up food for our kids!  I am at home today waiting on our next month's shipment of feeding supplies so I totally get where you are coming from! 
  • It is so hard! I usually hold up pretty well with all of this stuff. Well, I just got a call and Target can't get it for me after all. I have been on the phone all day and have literally called everyone. No one can get it for me.

I was using WIC to pay for it.  Now I don't know what to do.  I can order it regularly, and I will if it comes to that, but a months supply costs more than our mortgage.  We quite literally do not have the money for that every month.  I just don't know what to do right now.  So, I am sitting here bawling.  Quite productive I know.

Ughh

• I am going to assume (please correct me if I am wrong), that we are talking about your tubie Will.  Have you tried getting it through insurance?  LA is 100% tube fed so her formula (we use Nutren Jr) is paid for by insurance.  The medical supply company delivers it to our home each month.  I don't know how WIC works, but is it possible to have a medical supply company supply it and pay for it with your WIC?  I would also talk to your GI or Pedi and see what they can do.  Also, being tube fed is a legal disability.  You might be able to qualify for SSI, Medicaid or something else that can help (talk to your EI coordinator--if you don't have one--get one!). 

• It is for my tubie Will.  Thank you for your suggestion.  I don't know why I didn't even think about his insurance.  I am going to call them right now!  Thank you and keep your fingers crossed it will work.

We just got him into EI and have started the SSI process per their suggestion.  It is a very long process though. 

I pray I can get this through his insurance!!!  Thank you so much for your help and understanding!

• Praying for you.

I also suggest writing a letter, when you are up to it, to the pharmacy's customer service department. This is unacceptable. You don't just string someone along until their script is run out and there is no-where else in town to get it. 

• imageFloraK8:

Praying for you.

I also suggest writing a letter, when you are up to it, to the pharmacy's customer service department. This is unacceptable. You don't just string someone along until their script is run out and there is no-where else in town to get it. 

It won't hurt to complain, but the problem I think she is facing is that it is not a prescription.  It is an OTC product that they have been special ordering for her.  Not saying it wasn't mean of them to do though!!  I'm more curious as to why they stopped, and that may be where the manager can help explain.

Let us know what your insurance says!

• When DD first came to us, she was on WIC and they delivered it to our home. I think it was because we were "only formula".

It seems ridiculous the pharmacy won't special order it. I'd call and complain/explain to the manager. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"