Multiples

split twins in the divorce?

so im watching this movie, 'You're so Cupid', it's a pretty lame movie, but the point of this post is they have frat twin girls and each took one in the divorce. although they still live in the same town so the girls go to school together. they did it in 'the Parent Trap' too. so it got me thinking. would you ever split your kids up? your TWINS up?

Re: split twins in the divorce?

• I always thought that was the dumbest thing!

I mean, how could you do that? -facepalm-

When my parents got divorced, my mum got custody of both me and my twin sister.

I'm sure that's how it is in most of these cases.

But how could these parents EVER even think of doing that?

It's like, hey, we divided everything else, why not divide the kids up between us too! They're twins, so this is good, we each get one! It's fair.

WWWWHAT? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not a chance in hell.  They are way too dependent on each other for comfort, and it would be hard enough to have their parents split, there's no way I'd make them "lose" each other too.  Absolutely not, no exception.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would never split them, but we're actually dealing with this at my school right now.  4 weeks ago, I got a little girl in my Kindergarten class and her brother started in a first grade class.  This past week, the dad came in to tell me that the little girl would be living with her mom now - about an hour away - but the brother would still be living with dad and attending our school. I can't even imagine what that would do to the kids. 

• I would never split up sibs...twins/triplets or not.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imageTripMomma:

I would never split up sibs...twins/triplets or not.

This.

• imageleslie13510:
    Not a chance in hell.  They are way too dependent on each other for comfort, and it would be hard enough to have their parents split, there's no way I'd make them "lose" each other too.  Absolutely not, no exception.

This!

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We've talked about this before (because one of my favorite movies is the Haley Mills version of Parent Trap), and we wouldn't do it.  Not just with the twins, but any of our kids. 

I don't forsee us getting divorced, but we both said that if something was ever to happen, we'd keep the kids together.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No way my girls don't even like to be apart when one is asleep and one is not. My Ellie cried today like crazy because she couldn't wake her sister up. She thought something was wrong.
  • It's funny you mention this because the old Parent Trap is a fave of mine too. I didn't think a thing of it with them splitting the kids in the movie until I got pregnant. Then I realized that "OMG they split up the kids!"

So yeah, no way in hell!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I can't imagine. :( I don't see us ever getting divorced but I would hope we could split custody evenly and the kids would go together between houses.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • ABSOLUTELY, 100% NO WAY!  Kid's aren't property to be divided among the couple.  DS1 LOVES his brothers, he would really have a hard time w/o them.  J&W are so close, where 1 is, the other is sure to follow.  There's no way we would ever split them up.
  • Yeah right and shame on any parent(s) who would do that.
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Unfortunately, one night I couldn't sleep and watched that movie. They were separated and not divorced. Weird...

There is no chance in hell I would ever separate my children. If H and I got divorced, I'm keeping them all together.

• i think it's funny how many hits this post has gotten. i think everyone must think i am actually thinking about splitting up my twins in a divorce. we are all total drama whores, LOL! but alas, i am currently very happily married. and for the record i wouldnt split them for anything. i wouldnt even split up the two dogs.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"