D.C. Area Babies

Daycares and government shutdown

If your daycare follows the federal government for closures, and the government shuts down in March, is your daycare also closed? I'm going to check on this myself, but this is also a PSA in case this didn't occur to anyone else.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Daycares and government shutdown

• Is this a government run daycare or a private daycare? If the daycare is government run by government employees then I would guess yes - they're not "essential" per se, unlike say the feds that work airport control towers. If it's private and follows the government shutdown schedule, I'd say no because the shutdown schedule probably only means federal holidays and weather shutdowns. Hope that helps!
    Foodie stuff for parents with little time: Katja's Kitchen Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was wondering the same thing, but as the other poster said I think they just follow the federal government for weather and holidays. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't asked, but I assuming my daycare will be open during the possible shutdown...there is no way in hell I would pay if they closed for that reason, and I am sure most other people wouldn't either, so they would lose all of their revenue for that period of time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"