North Carolina Babies

Nursing Bra Recs

I am going to have to break down and get some new bras. The bras I have from last time are just not comfortable. I have 2 underwires from Motherhood that work great with the clasp and cut of the cup, but the underwire comes up too high under my armpit and makes me sore.

I have a few w/o the underwire from Target and they just don't fit right. They are not supportive enough--I have heavy boobs and I HATE the front pulling down exposing the piece the nursing part clasp is attached to. It's so annoying. 

I also have a few night bras from Target that have to be replaced to the same thing in addition to the elastic part being too tight and folding up under my boobs. 

Seeing as I BF Keira for a year I am not about to deal with crappy bras again. I have been wearing my Motherhood underwires for a while now since my boobs have become giant again and they just hurt so bad at the end of the day I'm officially done. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Nursing Bra Recs

• I had two Bravado ones I really liked. Even though I didn't nurse that long I still wore them until my boobs returned to normal. I can show them to you on Tues if you you want, the clasp was the best part because it didn't flop out of place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my Bravados. Mine are very heavy too and it was very supportive. I also really liked the clasp and how it comes down. I hated Playtex Underwire and hate Target cotton wirefrees.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok Bravado ladies....which style? Wire or wireless? I am seeing a few choices on the site. Do you have to order them or can you try them on/buy them in a store?
  • The nursing store in Rex carries quite a few Bravado bras.  I tried things on there and then when I found what I liked, I ordered online.  My favorite was a Bravado wireless bra that had some inserts in the cups you could use for nipple concealment (or you could not use them too of course)--The body silk seamless nursing bra.  It was really comfy.  I wore that one at work and out.

Around the house I wore the Bravado one that looks more like a sports bra--the original nursing bra double plus style.

Hope that helps!!

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageflamencogal:

The nursing store in Rex carries quite a few Bravado bras.  I tried things on there and then when I found what I liked, I ordered online.  My favorite was a Bravado wireless bra that had some inserts in the cups you could use for nipple concealment (or you could not use them too of course)--The body silk seamless nursing bra.  It was really comfy.  I wore that one at work and out.

Around the house I wore the Bravado one that looks more like a sports bra--the original nursing bra double plus style.

Hope that helps!!

Awesome! Thank you! I will definitely check it out there. I was there today visiting a friend. I should have stopped by to check it out. Bummer! 

• imageflamencogal:

The nursing store in Rex carries quite a few Bravado bras.  I tried things on there and then when I found what I liked, I ordered online.  My favorite was a Bravado wireless bra that had some inserts in the cups you could use for nipple concealment (or you could not use them too of course)--The body silk seamless nursing bra.  It was really comfy.  I wore that one at work and out.

Hope that helps!!

This is the one!
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the same issue you talked about w/ the Target nursing tanks, so got a Glamourmom one and LOVED them. I had a black, white and brown one and made them my primary bras for the whole year of BFing. I got a bravado from the Rex store and it just wasn't for me. I found the tanks to be really supportive and enjoyed the "spanx effect" of having something tight on my tummy over the year of getting back into pre preg shape... just felt flattering or something. GL!

• I can't vouch for the Bravado ones, but I am in love with Anita Bras.  I went to The Bra Patch to get fitted and bought one bra from them.  When I got home, I  got on amazon and purchased 2 more.

I do not like the non-underwire bras for nursing.  My bewbs are huge now that I am bfing, and wireless bras make them feel squashed together-- I need separation!!

I would suggest suffering through the first week or two with the old bras, and then get fitted once your milk comes in.

https://www.amazon.com/Anita-Maternity-Womens-Microfiber-Nursing/dp/B001203BTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298983450&sr=8-1

• imageluckygirl0818:

I can't vouch for the Bravado ones, but I am in love with Anita Bras.  I went to The Bra Patch to get fitted and bought one bra from them.  When I got home, I  got on amazon and purchased 2 more.

I do not like the non-underwire bras for nursing.  My bewbs are huge now that I am bfing, and wireless bras make them feel squashed together-- I need separation!!

I would suggest suffering through the first week or two with the old bras, and then get fitted once your milk comes in.

https://www.amazon.com/Anita-Maternity-Womens-Microfiber-Nursing/dp/B001203BTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298983450&sr=8-1

I forgot to add that the underwire does not poke my underarm--and I have that problem a lot with other bras because I am short.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"