Austin Babies

What do you have on the menu this week?

I'm so sick of all the same recipes we keep alternating.  I'm heading to Target tomorrow morning to get groceries and need ideas.  What are you planning on making this week? 

Re: What do you have on the menu this week?

• Crockpot chicken & dumplings, (fly's) black bean enchiladas with rice, good ol' shake and bake chicken with roasted potatoes & carrots, and pasta with ground turkey.
  • Vegetable beef barley soup in the crock pot and maple mustard-glazed chicken for sure.  I have to check and see what's on sale so I can decide the menu for the rest of the week.
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsBeckO:
    Crockpot chicken & dumplings

Do you have a recipe you can share for this?  :9

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Grilled tilapia w/ sliced avocado

Hungry Girl chicken taquitos, spanish brown rice & black beans

Sausage & veggies over whole wheat penne

• Just finished making meatballs from scratch for warm up for later this week (I couldn't stop eating them while I was making them so I'm not that hungry for dinner), I also have homemade marinara sauce frozen already. We're also going to have salmon burgers, chicken kabobs, chicken meatball vegetable soup and I bought some tiki masala sauce from the farmers market in cedar park so I'll make something with that. I'm not completely sure what to make with it but probably just chicken.

I get a lot of recipes from Gina's Skinny Recipes  and Running Mama Cooks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagethethomps:

imageMrsBeckO:

The recipe I use is on the laptop and I'm on my phone right now, but this is essentially it: https://allrecipes.com//Recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-and-dumplings/Detail.aspx

But, instead of water, I use chicken broth and I also add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables in the beginning.
  • imageMrsBeckO:
    The recipe I use is on the laptop and I'm on my phone right now, but this is essentially it: https://allrecipes.com//Recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-and-dumplings/Detail.aspx

But, instead of water, I use chicken broth and I also add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables in the beginning.

Thanks! Sounds delicious!

• imageMrsBeckO:
    imagethethomps:

imageMrsBeckO:

That sounds so yummy and easy!  I have a really dumb question Embarrassed is the chicken frozen or cooked when you put it in? 

• Pulled pork sandwiches, Couscous casserole (from Cooking Light), Fried Rice. I'm hoping we eat the whole week from just those three, especially since pulled pork usually lasts awhile.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • tonight= spaghetti & meatballs

tomorrow= steak, mashed potatoes & brussel sprouts

tuesday= indian (butter chicken curry, palak paneer & naan)

wednesday= some kind of stir fry. 

• imagelabbielover07:

That sounds so yummy and easy!  I have a really dumb question Embarrassed is the chicken frozen or cooked when you put it in? 

I put it in frozen, then shred it before putting the biscuit pieces in.
  • tonight we had homemade sloppy joes and salad.

for the rest of the week we have ravioli soup with zucchini, chicken diablo with spaghetti squash, spinach burritos, baked salmon with orange rosemary sauce.  we'll probably pick up pizza friday night.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Tonight was pork chops, sweet potatoes and veg. 

For the rest of the week we have grilled chicken with spaghetti in oil and garlic, shrimp fried rice, and a new pasta with beef and mushroom ragu recipe. 

• I have this week's recipes bookmarked on my blog. 

https://mbrox.blogspot.com/

• Sunday: Spaghetti, salads, and garlic bread

Monday: Beef stroganoff

Tuesday: Chicken tacos

Wednesday: Grilled cheese burgers

Thursday: Beef pot roast w/ veggies

Friday: order pizzas

Saturday: Breakfast

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebalihaigirl:

(...) for the rest of the week we have ravioli soup with zucchini (...)

Yum! Can you share that recipe? :)
  • imageMrsBeckO:
    imagebalihaigirl:

(...) for the rest of the week we have ravioli soup with zucchini (...)

Yum! Can you share that recipe? :)

Please share... that sounds delicious! 

• Steaks, Hamburgers and Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas.
  • tortilla crusted tilapia with rice and some kind of veggie

baked ziti (will last us two nights) with salad and garlic bread.

tacos

sauteed salmon with veggies 

not sure the rest of the week... 

• Ravioli Soup with Grated Zucchini

Source: The Six O'Clock Scramble

Servings & Prep Time15 minutes Prep + Cook Time Servings: 8 ? serving size: about 2 cups
      Special Features
    • Vegetarian or Veg-friendly alternative
    • Nut-free
    • Low-Sodium
    • Kosher-style or Kosher Alternative
    • Low-Sodium
    • Soup / Stew
    • Scramble Express (30 minutes or less total)
    • Lunch
    • Super Scramble Express! (15 minutes or less total)

This soup, suggested by subscriber Maggie Martin, is delicious and so easy that you may even have time to let the kids help you make it.  Celia got a kick out of grating the zucchini (though I finished the ends for her to protect her fingers).  My husband, Andrew, declared this the best use of zucchini ever.  Serve it with garlic bread and celery with Boursin cheese.

• 32 oz. reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
    • 18 oz. cheese ravioli
    • 2 large zucchini
    • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, or to taste
    • 1/8 tsp. black pepper, or to taste

In a stockpot, bring the broth to a boil.  (Meanwhile, prepare the garlic bread and celery.)  Add the ravioli and let it cook according to the package instructions.  Meanwhile, grate the zucchini with a cheese grater.  When the pasta is almost fully cooked, add the zucchini to the soup and cook it for one or two minutes more. 

Season each bowl with Parmesan cheese and pepper to taste

Scramble Flavor Booster:  Top the soup with freshly grated aged Parmesan cheese and season it with freshly ground black pepper.

Tip:

To soften butter quickly, cut it into smaller pieces and leave it on the counter for 10 or 15 minutes, or put it in a bowl inside another bowl of warm water for 5 or 10 minutes. 

SERVE WITH GARLIC BREAD & CELERY STICKS WITH BOURSIN CHEESE

To make garlic bread, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Cut a loaf of French or Italian bread in half lengthwise and cut 1/2-inch deep slits into each half about 1-inch apart.  Mash together 3 Tbsp. softened butter or margarine, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and 1-2 tsp. minced garlic (2 - 4 cloves), to taste, and spread it evenly over the cut sides of the bread.  Put it on a baking sheet, buttered side up, sprinkle 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese on top, if desired, and bake it for 6 - 8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.

Trim and cut 6 - 8 celery stalks into thirds and dip in Boursin light herbed cheese.  Or, fill the celery with the cheese before serving it. 

Nutritional Information per serving (% based upon daily values)
    Calories: 240; Total Fat: 7g, 11%; Saturated Fat: 4g, 20%; Cholesterol: 55mg, 18%; Sodium: 320mg, 13%; Total Carbohydrate: 30g, 10%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 13g

Nutritional Information per serving with sidedish (% based upon daily values) (1/8 of garlic bread & 1 cup celery and 2 Tbsp. Boursin light cheese)
    Calories: 461; Total Fat: 19g, 28%; Saturated Fat: 8g, 40%; Cholesterol: 74mg, 23%; Sodium: 857mg, 36%; Total Carbohydrate: 52g, 17%; Dietary Fiber: 6g, 22%; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 22g

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRach03k:

Pulled pork sandwiches, Couscous casserole (from Cooking Light), Fried Rice. I'm hoping we eat the whole week from just those three, especially since pulled pork usually lasts awhile.

Recipe please!

tonight- spaghetti and meatballs

the rest of the week: 

chicken a la king

pork tenderloin- have not decided how to cook it yet though

chicken taco soup

american goulash or PW's sloppy joes

Italian beef sandwiches (in the crockpot)

• tandoori tilapia

ravioli bake

pulled pork

chicken marsala

tacos

chicken enchiladas

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"