Multiples

Screaming bloody murder

I know Barrett is exhausted.  He was up every damn hour last night crying and barely slept.  Today he won't nap.  I got a short nap out of him w/ the ergo carrier, but there is only so much wearing I can do with a baby until my other baby needs me!!!  

He is only 4 months old, but he has already forced me to let him cry, all alone, with not a soul in the world to comfort him.  There is only so much shushing/jiggling I can do with him.  My other baby needs me, too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Screaming bloody murder

• is he possibly cutting a tooth? have you tried giving him tylenol to see if that helps? If he's in pain, he'll scream and not sleep.... if this isn't normal for him- i would think he's in pain - not just trying to get attention.
  • imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    is he possibly cutting a tooth? have you tried giving him tylenol to see if that helps? If he's in pain, he'll scream and not sleep.... if this isn't normal for him- i would think he's in pain - not just trying to get attention.

it is normal... i've just had about all i can take.  he does this whenever he isn't shushed/jiggled into a deep slumber several times a day/night. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageMaygenDL0ve:

imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    is he possibly cutting a tooth? have you tried giving him tylenol to see if that helps? If he's in pain, he'll scream and not sleep.... if this isn't normal for him- i would think he's in pain - not just trying to get attention.

it is normal... i've just had about all i can take.  he does this whenever he isn't shushed/jiggled into a deep slumber several times a day/night. 

perhaps you are waiting too long to put him down... if a baby goes down over-tired it's usually a LOT harder to get to sleep.... try putting him down a little sooner - at the VERY fist sign he's tired.  Also- do you swaddle? use white noise? pacis?

• DD1 was like this (she had colic) until she was 5 months old.  I always say that I would die if one of the twins was like that.  Hang in there momma!  DD1 got much better at about 5 months.

• imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    imageMaygenDL0ve:

imageGoldie_Locks_5:

perhaps you are waiting too long to put him down... if a baby goes down over-tired it's usually a LOT harder to get to sleep.... try putting him down a little sooner - at the VERY fist sign he's tired.  Also- do you swaddle? use white noise? pacis?

I am trying to practice putting them down earlier, but he is unable to drift to sleep himself.  I watch him and as soon as sleep starts to sink in, that is when the crying starts until I pick him up to sush/jiggle him.  Yes, we swaddle, he can't fall asleep w/out it.  We keep the fan on full blast in their room, and he refuses pacis and bottles :(  

I got the shush/jiggle trick from Happiest Baby On The Block, and now he can't sleep w/out that whole routine.  But I'm getting tired of it.  How long do I need to shush/jiggle this baby?  It was fine when hubby was around to help w/ the night time, but now that I'm alone, I've gotten worn out pretty fast. 

• This is/was my DD when she gets overtired, if it gets really bad we throw her in the car (or if it's daytime and warm enough I take them for a walk). If I can get her down for an hour it usually seems to help take the edge off.
  • Definitely a sleep thing.. they are both passed out finally from crying, so I'm gonna try to nap.  Rough day.
  • Oh man, hang in there!
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry!  It's so hard to hear baby cry and not be able to console them.

Lately, mine have been crying for what seems to me no reason (not hungry, clean diaper etc).  However, the moment I walk outside with them, they stop crying!  It is amazing.  Not sure if you have tried, but just wanted to help.

GL 

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My daughter is the same way. It is really tiring and very hard to deal with. It has been going on for 2 months now. I think some of it is temperament but also colic. Have you tried Mylacon? It might be gas that he can't pass and just needs comfort. Hang in there!

You should check out my blog- I compiled a list of ways to comfort your baby from other moms who are dealing with the same situation. Good luck!

Autumn

www.twinsietown.com

www.twinsietown.com
  • I'm sorry - my DD will do that sometimes.  It's exhausting.

We have white noise on an ipod on a portable speaker and when she gets like that, we crank it.  I mean, top volume, can't hear anything else but white noise loud.  It's sometimes the only thing that will help her snap out of a crying jag like that.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"