High-Risk Pregnancy

Bed-Rest Mamas Daily Check-In ~ SUNDAY ~

This thread is for any mama on bed-rest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby. We all know how hard bed-rest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day. Feel free to give us updates about your condition. Be sure to check out the links to our member and resource list below.

Name:
Due:
Began bed-rest:
Type:
Reason:

imageNEWS:

Added to our group is smilinem (Emily). We hope you find great support here with us.

imageQuestion of the Day: Family Fun-day Sunday: Talk about you and your family. Would you let your 9 year old have a cell phone?

If you have any updates, upcoming appointments, or anything else to say, let us know!

Bed-rest check-in member list

Bed-rest check-in resource list

Paradise Rest up motionless mamas!

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Bed-Rest Mamas Daily Check-In ~ SUNDAY ~

• Can you please add me to the list... 

Name: Mari2003/ Marissa
    Due: June 7th
    Began bed-rest: End of January at 21 weeks
    Type: Modified bed rest
    Reason:
    Preterm labor, cerclage, TTTTS

QOTD: I have a 10 year old DS and he has had a cell since he was 8. Only because he goes to his dads every other weekend and I want him to be able to get a hold of me. I think kids that have cells don't think it's a big deal. MS never answers his friends calls and has over 20 unread texts. It's funny I think it's the kids that really want one that tend to think it is way cool.  

• Updates:  few contractions yesterday but stopped them at home with oral terbutaline.  I have a feeling that we are getting closer to delivery.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can hold out as long as possible.

QOTD:  I think that is a little young for a cell phone.  But, there now aren't any pay phones like we had when we were young.  I'm not sure how I will feel by the time our LO are that age.  I like that they can get ahold of us if necessary.  Likely though, we won't allow it.

• Loading the player...
  • QOTD- I might? Not sure. My son has some special needs so maybe?

Yippie Yahoo! Im 29 weeks today:) I really hope to make it to the big 3 0 weeks next Sunday:)

Not much going on just hanging in my bed with my hound dog Gracie. Have a good one everyone:)  Tammy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Updates: Had a bit of a busier day yesterday then I had planned - and yesterday afternoon had a few contractions, they stopped for a while, then I've had some sporadic ones since then.  Lots of discharge overnight - the same stuff I've had, just more, especially since I was flat all night except for a couple potty trips - so I'm taking it REALLY easy today and drinking lots of water, and keeping a close eye on things.  Wednesday makes 28 weeks :D

QOTD: No, I wouldn't let my 9 year old have a cell phone.  My SD is 6 1/2, and I just don't/won't let her go anywhere without there being an adult there - and since EVERYONE has cell phones nowadays, I don't see how she would need one.  Plus she has ADHD and can't keep track of ANYTHING, and has some responsibility issues - so that probably has a negative impact on that, too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Updates:  We went to child birthing classes this weekend.  I was more active than I should have been.  I slept all afternoon and night when we got home. 

QOTD:  I would allow it because I think it would come in handy.  (It would be a phone that stops working when she runs out of minutes, though.)  DH probably won't like the idea.  He has more of a "work for everything you have" view of child rearing, mainly because he was fairly poor growing up.  He worked around his parents' farm and then his parents wouldn't let him spend any of his earnings.  This worked out for me because he had a nice downpayment for our house.  However, as soon as we moved far enough away that his parents couldn't see how he spent his money, he started spending like crazy :)

*Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Hi Mamas - Would you please add me to the list too? Name- Lori Due- May 6 Began bed rest - Feb 22 Type- started out in the hospital on strict bed rest, but now I'm home and can get up for rest room and quick shower. We're heading back to the OB tomorrow for the next assessment Reason - PTL
  • QOTD: Right now I'd say I probably wouldn't let her have a cellphone at 9 because I honestly just don't see the need. I can't really say WHEN she'd get one, though, because I think a lot of it will depend on what kind of kid she ends up being, you know?

Updates: Nothing, really. Been getting some fun bed rest care packages from friends and family, and trying to do the shopping for the baby online, which is kind of a bummer. Otherwise, nothing going on here, and I'm taking no news as good news. 

On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • QOTD:  I could see it if there what a reason like having to call to be picked up after an activity, but there would have to be a lot of rules regarding the phone.

Update:  I talked to my doctor today.  We agreed on me going home at 32 weeks if everything remains the same.  I like it is a date far enough that I am not on the "Am I going home" roller coast daily, but close enough that it seems do-able.  Plus that puts me home 3 days before my daugther 2nd birthday.

• Family Fun-day Sunday: Talk about you and your family. Would you let your 9 year old have a cell phone?

Depending on the circumstances, possibly.  My seven and five year olds want cell phones already...  My son (7) said it is so he can have all his friends on speed dial lol!  As of right now, they can use the regular phone and have phone numbers for the neighbors for a just in case moment.

• QOTD: Simple answer...no. No way, no how.

Updates: I did posted under Saturday thinking it was today...LOL. Apparently I've lost my mind!!

-Donna Married 11/19/09 Pregnancy #1: Son born March 22, 2011 after 3+ long months on bed rest due to PIH Pregnancy #2: Early miscarriage Pregnancy #3: Are we crazy for 2 under 2? Due 11/9/2012, diagnosed as Chronic HBP for this pregnancy along with gestational diabetes BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"