Austin Babies

whine: I want carbs

I have to take the glucose test tomorrow and am *trying* to follow the low carb, high protein instructions given by the doc.  I love carbs - so much so that my middle name should be carbs.  all I can think about are carbs.  carbs, carbs, carbs, carbs.

/petty whine

[and I really hope I pass because I will be a royal b!tch if I have to do this again]

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: whine: I want carbs

• I don't remember having to do anything the day before, just fasting that morning.  What a bummer!  All I can keep down right now is carbs and starches. 

• imagebrideonjuly8:

I don't remember having to do anything the day before, just fasting that morning.  What a bummer!  All I can keep down right now is carbs and starches. 

hmmm..it's on the handout to follow a low carb diet two days prior.  I'm hoping I'll be OK because I'm still taking metformin, which dr. S said improves the chances of not getting GD.

it definitely would have been the death of me in the first tri!  are you feeling any better?

• Loading the player...
  • imagessinca:
    imagebrideonjuly8:

I don't remember having to do anything the day before, just fasting that morning.  What a bummer!  All I can keep down right now is carbs and starches. 

hmmm..it's on the handout to follow a low carb diet two days prior.  I'm hoping I'll be OK because I'm still taking metformin, which dr. S said improves the chances of not getting GD.

it definitely would have been the death of me in the first tri!  are you feeling any better?

Meh.  The extreme weakness is settling in.  You know, where if you try to fold a load of laundry and your heart starts racing and you get out of breath and you have to stop after 2 shirts?  It's super fun.  My house is a nasty wreck.  My mom is on her way here to help though, so I'm excited about that.  Thanks for asking!  Oh, and I don't think I followed that little rule.  Probably should have- I was borderline GD with DS.  ;)

• I was told that there was nothing I could do to "trick" the test...either I was going to have GD or I wasn't, nothing I did in my eating was going to affect that. They did say don't go eat a bunch of sugar before the test, but following my normal diet was fine. Sorry you have to cut carbs!
  • I remember that.  It was rough.  I was so hungry by the time my appt rolled around that I stopped at Wendy's and got a TON of chicken nuggets and fries and ate them as soon as they finished taking my blood.  All of the yummy fried goodness. :)
  • imageKristen0709:
    I remember that.  It was rough.  I was so hungry by the time my appt rolled around that I stopped at Wendy's and got a TON of chicken nuggets and fries and ate them as soon as they finished taking my blood.  All of the yummy fried goodness. :)

I've already scoped out a breakfast place for after I finish the test - ha!

and woman, will you please check your email?  kthxbai.

• imagelibbyann:
    I was told that there was nothing I could do to "trick" the test...either I was going to have GD or I wasn't, nothing I did in my eating was going to affect that. They did say don't go eat a bunch of sugar before the test, but following my normal diet was fine. Sorry you have to cut carbs!

ditto! sucks you're having to cut carbs! my doc even told me to eat the morning of if i thought the drink was going to be too hard to keep down!

just plan on a carby breakfast after the test! 

• imageflymansWife:

imagelibbyann:
    I was told that there was nothing I could do to "trick" the test...either I was going to have GD or I wasn't, nothing I did in my eating was going to affect that. They did say don't go eat a bunch of sugar before the test, but following my normal diet was fine. Sorry you have to cut carbs!

ditto! sucks you're having to cut carbs! my doc even told me to eat the morning of if i thought the drink was going to be too hard to keep down!

this, again.

carbs (or no carbs), if you have GD, you have GD. If you don't, you don't. 

I'm w/ ya on the middle name, carbs are a wonderful, wonderful thing.

• imagemcurban:
    imageflymansWife:

imagelibbyann:

this, again.

carbs (or no carbs), if you have GD, you have GD. If you don't, you don't. 

I'm w/ ya on the middle name, carbs are a wonderful, wonderful thing.

YesYes

• Well then, WTF NAMC? I'm so confused now! And a little bitter.
  • imagessinca:
    Well then, WTF NAMC? I'm so confused now! And a little bitter.

lol- that's just the lack of carbs talkin. 

• I'd advise against eating Skittles.  Not that I'd know from experience that breaking down and eating a bag of Skittles the night before your GD test is a VERY BAD IDEA or anything.

Good luck!  I'm sure you'll be fine.  

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemlf625:

I'd advise against eating Skittles.  Not that I'd know from experience that breaking down and eating a bag of Skittles the night before your GD test is a VERY BAD IDEA or anything.

Good luck!  I'm sure you'll be fine.  

Um, I hope cadbury mini eggs don't have the same affect (effect? I can't think right now, need carbs!) as skittles or I'm screwed!
  • I did mine on Wednesday and failed. Apparently folks were failing left and right on Wednesday because Dr S made a comment about it not being a good day for glucose. I have the 3 hour in 1.5 weeks. I'm just hoping and praying I don't have GD! 

Good luck! I'm sure you'll pass it!!!!  Chick-fil-a never tasted so good as it did after that test.

TTC since August 2008 09/10 IVF#1 - 2 xfred, 3 frosties - BFP!!! Beta #1 477, Beta #2 1318, Beta #3 2703 Our twin girls were born at 28 weeks 1 day due to severe Pre-E. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"