Two Under 2
Options

Anyone have a Joovy Caboose?

I am expecting in June, and will have a 27 month old.  I also watch a 2.5 year old a few days per week.  I have been looking at getting a sit and stand stroller that we can use between now and June for both toddlers, and then use with both of my own kids later. 

I am interested in the Joovy Caboose or the Joovy Caboose Ultralight and was wondering if anyone out there had used one or tried one.  None of the local stores carry it, so I'd have to do mail order and hope that I liked it.  I have looked at the Baby Trend sit and stand and didn't like the fact that I couldn't remove the canopy.  I know this board is filled with people that love the City Select - and I just can't justify that kind of price tag.  I got a Kolcraft Contours with my first child and never use it in favor of our el-cheapo umbrella stroller.

So, if you've got the Caboose - I'd love to hear from you.  Or, if you've tried the Joovy Caboose in the store and didn't get it - why?

Thanks so much for helping out an (almost) 2U2er.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone have a Joovy Caboose?

• Options

Hi there!

I just purchased a Joovy Caboose Ultralight last night!

For us, it was down to the Baby Jogger City Select (tandem), Baby Jogger City Mini (side by side), and the Joovy Caboose Ultralight (sit/stand). We were hoping we'd like the Joovy Caboose Ultralight the best because of the price. I also have a hard time justifying the expense of either of the Baby Jogger models. 

Hands down, the Baby Jogger City Mini was the most comfortable to push. DH and I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, our 22-month-old absolutely hated it. She had a complete meltdown in it (she never melts down!). Plus, her feet already touched the bottom of the foot rest. If I were going to spend $400 on a stroller, I'd expect it to last a couple of years. So, I just couldn't justify it. Plus, after driving it around the store, it was still too wide to get in normal aisles and maneuver racks. So, we loved the way it felt to push, but still felt it wasn't practical enough for us. I also didn't love that when you folded it, you couldn't push it around. It was a super easy fold (the easiest I've ever seen on any stroller), but then you have to carry it. Ugh.

The Joovy Caboose Ultralight? My daughter absolutely LOVES it. LOVES. She climbed up on it by herself, and was ready to go. She loved riding in it around the store, and it maneuvered really well. It's definitely bigger than a one-baby stroller (though not much), but not nearly as long as some of the tandem strollers out there. We even put our infant carseat in it to see how she would fit - she can still sit and stand comfortably. Plus, I think she'll love being able to stand and look at the baby. And another bonus is that it easily fit in our trunk (I drive a Grand Am), with room to spare.

I was nervous that she'd be too little for it, but she really does love it.

The only disadvantage that I could see is that the basket is sort-of useless and inaccessible if the kids are on it, but it does come with an "organizer" on the bar. 

We also checked out the regular Joovy Caboose (not Ultralight) and liked the Ultralight better because it's aluminum construction (versus steel), so it weighs less and won't rust if it gets knicked, and the sunshade is larger. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thanks so much for your input!  It sounds like this will be a good fit for me.  It turns out that the regular Joovy Caboose is in a store a couple hours away and I'm planning on visiting it to see what we think.  I am interested in the ultralight version as well, so will probably have to order.

Is the sunshade removable?  It seems like it may be in the way sometimes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No problem!

I haven't tried to remove the sun visor (haven't played with it yet!), but there's a customer review on Amazon that indicates that you can remove it.

https://www.amazon.com/Joovy-Caboose-Ultralight-Stroller-Orangie/product-reviews/B003H4QFR8/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

If you search those reviews for "sun visor" you'll see the review that mentions it. 

• Options

I just checked out the manual:

https://www.joovy.com/images/manuals/2-13-08Ultralight_Manual.pdf

At the very end of page 5, it talks about how to remove the canopy and shows a picture on the following page. :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"