Military Families

Stay In or Get Out!?

I know this is a very common question among AD moms but I decided to stay in with my first and there were definitely days I wish I would've just gotten out. Now that I am expecting again, the question is a little more difficult to make. We are due to PCS back to the states in March 2012 and I told DH if I got out that I would get another job on base however, with the time is would take me to get out and have the baby and be on maternity leave I don't think it will work like I am hoping. Right now, I am leaning more toward staying in but I really want to get out. I just don't know what to do! UGH! 
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Stay In or Get Out!?

• How long have you been in?  That could definitely influence the decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know your situation, but I vote for getting out. Once I complete my maternity leave, I start outprocessing and then start my transitional leave. I know this is the best decision for my family, as much as I love wearing the uniform. There's always the Reserves later if I want to get back in.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am having the same struggle right now. I am very unhappy where I am right now and I know that is not going to change, probably only get worse once the baby comes. Plus this would be my last chance for 5 more years to get out unless we have more children before then. It would be very hard for us financially and I would need to finish my schooling. I really REALLY want out, but I am just not sure if we could take the hit or what kind of job I could get without a finished degree.
  • We're TTC #2 and we've decided that if happens I'll get out. Granted We're dual military I'm enlisted and DH is an officer. So, we won't have to move off post etc. I have a masters in teaching sooo, worst case senario if we're hurting for $ I can always go back to teaching when they're a little older.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How long do you have left on your enlistment? Im due 9 November but my ETS is March 2013 so Im just going to ride it out. It gives me enough time to find a job and everything. Its rough in the civilian world even for vets. That is why I came back in. However I refuse to keep deploying and see my kid every other year. That is just not cool. You can always be in the reserves, that way you are still connected but don't have all the active duty pressure. That is what I might do.
    **TiMER Date 11.26.2009** **Novitas Vacuus Vicis** Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"