Preemies
Options

teething - adjusted or actual age?

I think my DS is starting to teeth, but it would be VERY early for her adjusted age (10 weeks).  However, she is salivating big time and chewing on anything and everything she can get her hands on.  Maybe this milestone goes more by her actual age?  Any experience with this?

TIA!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: teething - adjusted or actual age?

• Options
    I'm actually very curious to see these answers. My 25 weekers are 3 months adjusted and I too believe they are both teething (especially Addy).
    3 miscarriages, Infertility, & Premature Birth Abigail and Adalynn born @ 25w1d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers FAQ: Resources for New NICU Moms
    FAQ: My Friend Just Had a Preemie, How Can I Help?
  • Options

I think it just depends on the baby. Both of my kiddos chewed their fingers and drooled for months before a tooth ever popped up. My DS went thru several bibs a day because he drooled so much, but he didn't get a tooth until he was 8ish months old. (then he got 7 within a short time) Some kids are just juicier than others. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is also showing signs of teething, he drools, and his gums feel weird and bumpy, I hope he doesn't get horse teeth like me...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That isn't actually that off.  Both of my older boys started teething at about 12 weeks.
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • Options

My 33 weeker started teething at about 5 months actual / 3 months adjusted.  He drooled all over and chewed on every thing for weeks.  His 1st 2 teeth spurted 3 days before turning 7 months actual.

He'll be 11 months this Monday and he has 8 teeth already!  We have gone through many months a cranky baby and sleepless nights Crying.  Teething is no fun!

GL to you all! Patience is key! And lots of hugs and kisses for your LO's during this time. Some babies, at least mine, no matter what you try (and believe me I tried everything) nothing seems to soothe them at times.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LO was a drooler and chewer for months. He'll be 9 months actual on the 3rd, and is 6.5 months adjusted. He just received two teeth this week. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image noah joined us 10 weeks early.
  • Options

DD cut teeth late- 6 months actual. She always cuts her teeth either 2 or 4 at a time. I was told that some preemies cut them late and not to worry. Friends of ours have a full term baby who didn't cut his first tooth until 14 months and his dentist wasn't concerned.

Also, ditto PP who said that babies may seem like they're cutting teeth long before they actually cut them- especially the first ones. The tooth buds are still shifting and growing beneath the skin even if they aren't cutting.

Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, I thought the same thing when DD was around 2-3 months actual.  She finally popped her first 2 around 9 months.

Babies don't start producing saliva for awhile, so you're probably seeing that combined with the exploration/mouth phase (which is still in full force in our house...fun).

But, teething is one of those things that varies WIDELY from baby to baby.  There's a girl who has a baby that walks but yet has no teeth!  

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"