High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Home uterine monitoring device: Esp. for those who have/ had one?

Hi.

Based on curiosity and for my own education, what condition did/ do you have in order for you to qualify for one? Was it PTL or something else?

Also, is it like a TOCO unit used in L&D (only portable)?

What does it measure?

Do you interpret the results or they're sent in to the med. profs. or does a nurse swing by?

Is it covered by insurance?

And the most important question is, does it work/ help?

Thanks!

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Home uterine monitoring device: Esp. for those who have/ had one?

• Options

I have one and have it on now. My insurance is paying for it. i think I qualified for a number of reasons. My cervix is now less than 1cm and I have dialted to 1cm and Im pregnant with twins. i wear it twice a day for an hour each time. I can also put it on if I feel funny like Im having contractions etc.  After an hour the report gets transmitted over wireless connection to nurses who read the strip then they call me. So it's not being read 'live". it only tells how many (contractions) per hour and how long they were. I also have a blood pressure monitor that i use to check my bp and pulse daily and report it to the nurse. mt doc is very conservative and always seems to err on the side of caution.

Ask your doc about it. Hope this helps. Tammy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and if I really think something is going on like labor etc. I would not have it on for an hour. Maybe just for 5 to 10 minutes and then send the report and they would call me. Tammy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"