1st Trimester
Options

Short luteal phase and successful pregnancy

Has anyone had a short lutheal phase and had a successful pregnancy?  I recently got a positive HPT, but noticed that I ovulated only 7 or 8 days before my period was due.  I am just curious if anyone has had any luck with this.  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Short luteal phase and successful pregnancy

• Options

Yup - me!  I have an 18 mo. old little boy and had a short luteal phase all 11 months that I was charting (6-8 days).  We're working on #2 now!  Good Luck :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Oh my goodness!  Thank you so much!!  I needed to hear that.  Did you take progesterone or anything that I should be aware of?  I made my first appointment and mentioned it, but they said I shouldn't need to worry as my cycles are long anyway.  Yeah for you!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope!  I didn't take a thing.  In fact, if you do a little research on LP's, some are convinced that it isn't exactly a "real" thing.  I went to my doc. twice before I got preggers expressing my concern for my lack of luteal phase - we did blood work and all that and everything was normal.  I also tried taking B6 because I heard on hear that it could lengthen the LP.  The month I got pregnant was the month I did NOTHING to help things along.  It will definitely happen!
  • Options
    You don't know how much better you made me feel.  I realize everyone is different, but you have been so helpful.  I think part of it is I have been googling it all day (snow day today and very bad idea) and have made myself very worried.  Well I am going to try not to think about it and see how my appointment goes on 2/24.  Thanks again....this place is wonderful!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    good luck!
  • Options
    a friend of mine had this problem and her dr. told her she only needed 8 days lp to have a successful pregnancy!  Welcome and stop googling!!  stress is not good for your LO! :) Congrats!
  • Options
    When TTC and charting I discovered that I had a short LP.  See my BFP in siggy for charting details and how I overcame it.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

My LP is usually around 9ish days, and I had a successful pregnancy with DD.

I took B6 to try to lengthen it a bit, and did seem to get it to an avg of 10-11 days. B6 also helps keep nausea away during first tri, so it's worth a shot!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a short LP and am now on Prometrium.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, my LP was usually 7-9 days, the cycle I got pregnant I ovulated on day 19 of 28. I also don't have to take anything, good luck!

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Oh my god, thank you for this post!!! I have a 28/29 day cycle and this is my first month of temping and I realized I don;t ovulate until CD 20/21!!!! Therefore, I MIGHT HAVE A SHORT LUTEAL PHASE!!! We didn't let this stop us this month, so I am waiting to test. AF is technically due on Friday-ish... so we'll see. 

Those of you with a short luteal phase, when did you test? Did you spot when you were supposed to get AF??  

• Options

congrats to all of you on your pregnancies!  I am sitting here wondering the same thing... we are TTC #2, and I'm 10 mos post partum from ds.  My opk is saying I am ovulating today/tomorrow (cd 20/21) and my pp cycles are running around 29 days.    

Mviers.... a couple notes, not to scare you, but to prepare you a bit about LPD. I think it's possible to have a bfp and then a very early mc with LPD.  I had a chemical pregnancy two months before i got pregnant with my son.  The disappointment of a mc sucks, there's no other way to say it.  BUT, the good news of a bfp is that you can get pregnant, and there's ways to correct LPD that have great success.    I'm not saying that you're going to have an mc, but talk to your dr about your cycles!

To answer your spotting question:  when I got pregnant with my son, i spotted for 9 days.  NINE.  It was after my mc, so I was terrified every single time I went to the bathroom.  I see a VERY busy ob/gyn group, and they told me that of the hundreds of pregnant women they see every year, a handful of them have spotting like mine and still go on to have a healthy pregnancy.  

And the result of my healthy pregnancy is in his crib snoring away!   Good luck to all of you guys!    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"