Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Sisters

So I'm sitting here, watching a rerun of Top Chef, wearing my hospital tag like a badge of courage. I had a D&C today due to a blighted ovum, and am feeling a little sore and tired.

It's been a devastating few weeks, but I'm somewhat relieved to have this all behind me at this point. I don't think life throws anything at us that we can't handle, and to be honest, I have to believe this happened for a reason. Upon going to the hospital, the nurse threw me a sympathetic eye, and said that she had been through the same thing a few years back. She helped me understand what to expect. The *pregnant* anesthesiologist then showed up... I was thinking to myself... are you serious?? before she told me she went through the same thing a year before. The OBGYN then told me about her two miscarriages.

I suddenly realized that I belong to a club of amazingly STRONG women, now sisters in our bond. I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced a loss can truly understand how delicate and miraculous a lasting pregnancy is. I know that when I try again, I will definitely be more nervous knowing what can happen, but will have so much more of an appreciation for every little thing that happens to my body. I will be JOYOUS when I get nauseous; I will love all the nuances.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. We will get through this, and on the other side, be better people for it. You're all amazing. Best of luck to everyone.

Re: Sisters

• Options

Thanks for posting this. I like how you said that we now belong to a sisterhood of amazingly strong women. And it's so true. You never realize how many people it happens to until you go through it yourself. Even though it is a sad group to be a part of, we will be stronger because of it.

I also loved how you said that now we realize how delicate and miraculous a lasting pregnancy is. You worded that beautifully.

Anyways, thanks again for posting this. Best of luck to you too. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks, I feel the same way - you've said it so well.  Best of luck to you as well!  ::hugs::
    dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecallalilly323:

I suddenly realized that I belong to a club of amazingly STRONG women, now sisters in our bond. I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced a loss can truly understand how delicate and miraculous a lasting pregnancy is.

Yes

~TTC #1 7/1/10~
    BFP#1 10/8/10- Natural m/c 11/24/10, Unknown cause
    BFP#2 1/31/11- Blighted Ovum D&C 3/3/11, XX Trisomy 22
    BFP#3 3/30/12- Ectopic Pregnancy, discovered @ 8wk
    BFP#4 10/2/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"