Hawaii Babies
Options

NBR: Vegas tips

We are planning a trip to vegas this year for our anniversary and I am looking for recommendations so we can get our tickets before the airline jack up the prices due to the gas prices going up.   Where are good places to stay or which ones should we avoid?  Good places to eat?  What are the good shows or other stuff we must see or do?  We have never been to vegas and it is on our list of places we must see so I want to do as much as possible.  I think we are shooting for 3 nights. TIA!!!

Re: NBR: Vegas tips

• Options

I usually fly Southwest, but not sure if they fly out of a airport near you. SW is cheap and has lots of direct flights from where we are, plus the added bonus of no fees for checked bags and changeable tickets without fees. My favorite places to stay is Bellagio. Caesar's and Venetian and Mandalay Bay are nice too. Venetian rooms are all suites. Mandalay Bay has a cool wave pool.

I'd recommend O, Mystere, KA shows (all Cirque du Soleil--my preferences are in that order). Le Reve is also very good (created by the same guy who did O). DO NOT watch the Blue Man Group. I thought that was the biggest waste of my $100 ever. I don't know why they're so popular.

My favorite restaurants are any of the Michael Mina restaurants (my fav is Nob Hill at MGM), Sensi or Picasso or Le Cirque or Olives (all in Bellagio--but most very pricey...I've only paid for Sensi out of my own pocket =P), Wolfgang Puck Cafe at MGM Grand (my fav lunch place), Nobu (if you like Japanese/raw fish) in Hard Rock Hotel, and MIX in Mandalay Bay (you can use OpenTable *and* Restaurant.com certificates here, which makes it a pretty good deal). You can Yelp for any of them to see reviews as well.

Sanae might be able to add more info, since she's local there =)

Btw, I might be able to try to find some Cirque du Soliel discounts if you're interested (hopefully they're not expired yet...I got some emails from them a while ago...)

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    If you are into rock music, I highly recommend the Hard Rock Hotel.  Love their pool and restaurants and shows and general atmosphere.  I was only there for the weekend to meet up with a friend, so that's the only recommendation I have  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

+1 for cirque du soleil's O!  loved that show. 

if you're looking to get off the strip at all (and you have a car - don't need one if you want to stay on the strip), there's a lot of outlet shopping nearby, and i like red rock canyon too

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"