Military Families

base housing question

I asked this on MN but I thought I would ask you ladies as well.

H is in DEP so he hasn't even left for BMT yet but I have a question. We have the chance to get a King size bed. Are base housing bedrooms big enough for a king bed, 2 night stands and a dresser?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but we need to know if we need to keep our queen or go ahead and get the king. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: base housing question

• Every single place you will live in is gonna be completely different. I would think most places would be fine to fit a king but once you start moving you just learn to make your furniture work for what space you have.
  • You may have room but each base/post is different. I have a few friends who have had to downsize to a full bed due to their housing. It is a lot of furniture, but you may be able to see the space and decide later if you REALLY need it all in one room or if you can put some in storage.

I wish I could be more help but each place you live will be a whole new experience!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • every base has different housing also depending on your husbands rank you could have a larger or smaller house. larger houses are for higher ranking and those with bigger families. for example MH is E5 it is just the two of us with a baby on the way and we have a 3 BedRoom 2.5 BathRoom house that the master fits a queen, an armoire and 2 night stands with extra room.

look up your husbands duty station online and find the DoD website for it and then click on housing. most duty stations have a website with pics of the base housing.

imageimage
  • imagetheaustins05:

look up your husbands duty station online and find the DoD website for it and then click on housing. most duty stations have a website with pics of the base housing.

Her H is in the Delayed Entry Program so he hasn't even gone to boot camp/basic yet.

• imageLace&Josh:

Her H is in the Delayed Entry Program so he hasn't even gone to boot camp/basic yet.

Once she finds out of course.

imageimage
  • I would probably stick with a queen. The house we live in would not fit a king bed and our dressers. A queen is even pushing it in our room currently.

One word of advice I received from people who have lived in different military housing communities was to never get anything bigger than a queen. You have no idea where you will be living and how big the rooms are going to be in your future!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • You dont HAVE to live in base housing if you dont want to ... You can always opt to live off base and use your housing allowance to put towards finding a home on the local economy. Just thought I would throw that out there.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"